The best keyboard ever!!!

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
some crazy russian art student has made this amazing keyboard with not 1 but 123 tiny LCD screens in the keys !!, each of the keys is programable and so are the displays so all of the letters are on the screens, then you can switch it to show all of your shortcuts

i suppose you'd like the link now

http://www.artlebedev.com/portfolio/optimus/

Reaction score
i can see you went on futuremark forums today hehe :) ...

but yes the keyboard looks great :D and i actually wonder how it works... is it lcd backlit ?! it looks pretty impressive i must day... i wonder how much it costs though ... :(

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
G~MAN said:
i can see you went on futuremark forums today hehe :) ...

i'll have to check them out, i actually found it on tomshardware.com

im not sure entirely how it works but im pretty sure the LCD's are backlit, you wouldn't be able to see anything otherwise

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That keyboard would be amazing to have! I've seen those keys to buy, and mono ones are £20each :eek: It must cost a fortune to build!

I'd love to have one :D

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
That is a Rolls Royce of Keyboards, very nice and elegant looking. Ian is right we should all have one, only if it was available for £24.99 :D

Maybe someone can send this pic to Logitech in the hope that sometime in future they may offer one similar to this at affordable price (mass production can bring the price down for sure). I would certainly buy it :) Now at £20 per key it certainly will cost a fortune. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
That's really rather incredible, isn't it? I love the Quake setup.

But yes - how much?

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
the guy is still in talks with manufacturers, but it ill probably cost about £100

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Me__2001 said:
it ill probably cost about £100

OUCH :D

The reason I say it is because if this keyboard becomes available at that price I will have to buy it, nothing else will do.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I have back-ordered 2 off Logitech ... their email said they don't know what I'm talking about ... I said "when you get them built, I'll have two, now get on with it".

:D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
£100, thats not so bad! I was thinking more like £400 based on the cost of the LCD buttons :eek:

I'd love one, one day ;)

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
they reckon it will be about 3 times the cost of a normal one, so they shouldn't be too expensive

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
What about DEAD PIXELS, there are 123 LCD screens :D

The chances ofany keayboard having dead pixel's goes up by a ratio of 123:1, there are after all 123 keys :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the chance of a dead pixel in a screen that size is virtually zero. And even if such a screen was affected with a dead pixel, I expect it would be relatively inexpensive to replace it during the manufacturing process.

If screens that size suffered dead pixels think of all the mobile phones and hand helds that would be affected.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Well if thats the case i think we'll all be saving up to buy this keyboard if they stick to there words and mass produce it in a year.....;)

Reaction score
If this was available today for £100 i would be out getting one now!it is so cool

Reaction score
i stumbled on this post and i am so GLAD i did... i think i was a little to glad... i have made a mess.

seriously though, i thought this stuff didnt happen in the world today, i saw somthing on star trek and thought that will be the day... now it is the day :O

i need this key board.... think about how you could have a screen saver on your keys!
when your monitor turns on the screen saver your key board has dancing people going over the hole thing
or a picture that is made up over all the keys.... the possibilitys....

o o... and when you press the CAPS LOCK all the keys can change from A to a and back... how cool is that!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I gunna get that if rich lmao :p That quake thing looks awesome !!!

Does it change then to whatever you want it to ?!?! :S

Ask a Question