The Battlefield 1 Thread (World War One Themed)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Just thought I'd post in here and say this is a good game, with a decent single player campaign. Not the longest SP but decent with other stuff to do. Worth it if you can get it for a good price. :thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Origin want £50; £65 and £105 for various versions of the game, depending on which DLC (read 'withheld parts of the game') you include with your version.

I loathe EA.

Even CD Keys want £42 for the 'standard' version.

Having said all that - I want that game (and EA know this).

I reckon it will be at least two years before it's reduced in price.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yeah its a shame the prices are outrageous. That said, I did get near 1000 hours out of BF4 so in that respect its too bad.

Shame even CD Keys have bumped the price, it was £35 just before release.... :|

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Had a quick blast of this over the weekend. Seems good so far. Though I've not played any games for a while and am very out of practice! :(

Reaction score
I have read this thread and do not want to blight your fun BUT I find a game that replicated the absolute horror of any combat situation somewhat abhorrent. I know that I do not have to play them and do not but still find it is strange that people find fun in a combat game where you replicating the death of another human being.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Don't worry its just a game. Its not real.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've not played this for the past month and really should get back in to it, as I loved the missions I've played so far :).

I have read this thread and do not want to blight your fun BUT I find a game that replicated the absolute horror of any combat situation somewhat abhorrent. I know that I do not have to play them and do not but still find it is strange that people find fun in a combat game where you replicating the death of another human being.

The beginning of the game is pretty harrowing - it's certainly doesn't make anyone want to re-live any of it, it makes the player pretty thankful to not have to go through such a thing. In fact, they've made it so that you can't "win" the first mission- everyone loses when playing it, it's just a matter of how long. The fun and adventure is in flying the aircraft, hiding from things, driving tanks, etc... I can understand your point of view though.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Ah yes I remember that, I did all the missions awhile back. 'You are not expected to survive'

I wonder if the names were real men?

:cry:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I wonder if the names were real men?

I believe they are names of men who died :(

I see what you mean @bootneck02 but the game doesn't make light of the war - quite the opposite. It really hammers home just how awful it was, how men were treated as disposable tools, how horrific the conditions were that they faced, and the bravery needed to survive in that kind of hell-hole. In a way, things like this really help the younger generations to understand more about something that happened a long time ago, in a way that history books just can't get across. Just my thoughts :user:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
When you play a round of Operations (real life battles that took place) at the beginning you get some backstory as to what happened during the time, some of them are quite frank. In a way some of it, the history I mean, is actually quite interesting/informative.

Reaction score
I suppose I am a little bit sensitive on this subject I lost a couple of friends in the Malaysia conflict in the 1960's and also my Grandfather who died of wounds in 1942 after winning the MC in 1915 and was wounded by a shrapnel shell exploding close by. I was not born and never had the chance to meet him.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
New DLC out today - it's called Apocalypse and is currently only available to Premium Pass holders and owners of Battlefield 1 Revolution.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Indeed, I got the 6.5Gb update last night, might have a bash if I get the time....

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It doesn't look like this update is included the Origin Access pass unfortunately - although I have a 10GB update for it nevertheless :lol:.

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Typical EA, take your money for a 'Season Pass' then want you to pay again - pure greed and nastiness.

Having said that, Battlefield One is currently being offered for £18.33 with several expansion packs on Origin so may just indulge.

For that price would be worth getting for the brief single player campaign but might just try MP. Is it so that all MP maps and modes are team-based?

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
:rolleyes:

Oh well, at least it wasn't on general release. But how on earth does such a major issue make it that far?!

Ask a Question