The Battlefield 1 Thread (World War One Themed)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Downloading as I type! :D

seMidb8.png

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Did you get an e-mail or Origin notification about being accepted? I applied for a beta when you posted about it, but I've had nothing come through and Origin doesn't show anything. :eek:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yup, it even says "Platform preference has been saved" when I visit that link. Perhaps it's just taking some time to rollout :).

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Quite possibly, Here's hoping you get one soon. :)

Its not just you, I've seen some people on Reddit for example losing their minds because they haven't got a key yet either. You're taking it well in comparison. :lol:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
How is the beta? :D

No code for me yet, so it's not looking hopeful!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Did you register before the 21st? Tbh its only a day early anyway, so your not exactly missing a lot! Think its open to everyone today.

Its good, feels a bit dumbed down, kinda like SWBF. not the same gun mechanics as BF4 or 3 which is a shame, but they still might change it.
The map is ok, not as good as the one in the closed alpha, that was a great map! This one is basically a desert.

Check out these vids for a bit of a starting guide. :)

Feel free to add me on Origin - MessiahComp1ex :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah, I registered ages ago! I wonder if I've ticked something to not receive marketing e-mails and that's voided my application!

If it's open to all today anyway, then that's great - I didn't realise it was only opening things up a day early. I'll get downloading as soon as it's open :D.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Tbh I've seen a lot of complaints of people not getting a code, and people getting a code from the wrong platform too!

Good old EA right?! :lol:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Forgot to say...

It runs pretty well too, and obviously looks and sounds stunning.

Watch the 'Resolution Scale' slider (supersampling), default is randomly 42%. If you change it the only way to reset it back is too hit the reset graphics options button as its bugged at the mo.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips :). The open beta is now open, so I'm downloading it right now!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Sitrep.

I'm actually enjoying this a lot! Yes there are balance issues and bugs - its a beta. But its good fun. Managed to hit rank 40 yesterday!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I managed time for a very quick game, so I need to put some time in :). The graphics seem pretty damn amazing - I'm pretty sure I'll be buying this once it's out.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
This looks like it's going to be one hell of a game :). Less than a month till the release date now!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Yeah it looks OK, I don't honestly care much for the SP side of it, but This does look better than previous BF games.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Montage of all the SP trailers/footage. Looks great tbh!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Looks fantastic... as a film.

I wonder what the gameplay's like?

I'd primarily be interested mostly in single player but I do realise the Battlefield series for the last three or four have been designed mostly with multiplayer in mind.

I'll await the reviews of the single player campaign before departing with a considerable sum of money for this game.

Or wait a couple of years and get it in an Origin sale ;)

I'm not down on the game, just wary, and besides, I have quite enough atm to keep me busy when it comes to gaming.

Ask a Question