Text search

Al Klein

So if you use it, delete it from hdd, then reinstall, is that compliant
with the eula?

As long as your total usage time, before payment, is 30 days or less.

You're like the guy who parks at a parking meter, under the sign that
says "1 hour parking" and complains that he parked for 3 hours, put in
3 coins, but still got a ticket.

Why Tea

Yrrah said:
That will happen as long as there are morons who persist in posting
off topic msgs. There are plenty of newsgroups for discussing $ware,
so go there, take your braindead pals along with you and leave us
alone.

Ah, Morons? Braindead? Does it make all those who disagree morons and
braindead? Can you actually put two sentences together without using
any insulting words?

By the way, did you remember what was the original discussion?

Yrrah

Why Tea said:
Does it make all those who disagree morons and
braindead?

It's not about a difference of opinion but about spamming idiots who
recommend $ware in a freeware newsgroup. Of course, the truth can be
painful, but later, when you're grown up, you'll look back on this as
a useful part of your education.

Yrrah

Susan Bugher

When the numbers of downloads increase, and the number of positive
comments about the program increases, and the number of registrations
decreases, it would appear (it's not evidence at all) that more people
are using the shareware without paying for it.

ah so. . .
It's the constant (and it's been pretty constant) change in the ration
of those numbers - payments to downloads.

I can think of other explanations for a change in that ratio. . . more
people with high speed access is one (download now - decide later if you
want to try the app). . .
Of course when someone who never paid for the program asks for tech
support because, "in the 5 months I've been using the program, I
haven't been able to ...", that's pretty good evidence that he's been
violating the "30 days and pay for it or stop using it" EULA for 4
months. And that's becoming more and more a not uncommon occurrence.

That does seem to be compelling circumstantial evidence. . . right up
there with the oft cited case of the trout in the milk. ;)

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

Franklin

That will happen as long as there are morons who persist in posting
off topic msgs. There are plenty of newsgroups for discussing $ware,
so go there, take your braindead pals along with you and leave us
alone.

Moron? Braindead?

Does that apply to me too?

Franklin

Hey Franklin;

We agree on that. It is a sort of stealing. But you attributed
Roger's comments to mine. I'm in your camp on this.

regards,
-Craig

Sorry Craig.

I think I got mixed up because your posting didn't add any new text and
my synapses don't have a subroutine for that. Heh! I must have gone
into an ABEND.

Franklin

Total Commander _is_ labeled as Shareware but its author.

Susan, perhaps you'd better stop casting your pearls before the $ware
swine for now.

Yrrah

Hey, you! I object to that comment.

I am a nagware swine not a shareware swine.

Why Tea

Yrrah said:
It's not about a difference of opinion but about spamming idiots who
recommend $ware in a freeware newsgroup. Of course, the truth can be
painful, but later, when you're grown up, you'll look back on this as
a useful part of your education.

Now you have exposed yourself. Didn't your parents teach you it's not
nice to call others morons, braindead and idiots? Yet you want to talk
about education...