tcp/ip is not enabled for this connection??? 0 packets being sent/recieved

Reaction score
please and thank you to anyone who trys to help me! :) anyways i have been using my desktop computer for about 2 years, and everything is great. few days ago i turned on my computer like any other morning but no websites will work. i looked at the network connection "1394 Net Adapter" and it says i am connected but i am not recieving any or sending any packets. my instant messenger is working so i know the internet is fine. its just it wont send/recieve any packets. please help! also on my internet box thing (not sure what its called) all the lights are blinking except the "recieving/sent". ugh!!! i dont know why it just stopped working. i have google'd this question and found people saying to disable your firewall (mine already is). please help!

ps: also my wireless is working just fine, and i have unplugged/reset everything and it still is not working

-Luke

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
IEEE 1394 is a firewire interface, so I don't think you'd be connecting to the internet using that (which would explain why there are no packets transferred).

How are you connecting to the net (i.e. USB Modem, Wireless router, etc...) and which OS are you using?

Reaction score
im using windows XP, and im just using a usb modem. i have tried everything. i called my net provider and they checked all my settings and everything is correct. i havnt changed anything on my computer in years so i dont know why it would just stop working. im starting to think my modem is bad. when i was on the phone with internet provider they said to do some stuff, and the computer was showing 100% loss. its like something isint plugged in, but everything is... it turns out my girlfriend has the exact same modem as me, so im going to try hooking hers up to my computer and see if it will work.. any other ideas? thanks for the help!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
welcome to PCR

any ISP still using USB to connect their modems needs to be shot, twice, in the kneecaps !!

:wave:

Ask a Question