Task Scheduler Error Message

SixCard

When initiating a new task or modifying and existing task
in Task Scheduler I see an Error Message:

0x8007007a: The data area passed to a system call is
too small.

Those tasks will then not run.

A reference to this was found in the MS Knowledge Base -
Article 246865, but it discusses the use of IE 5.01, which
is not loaded. Therefore, the resolution does not apply.

I am running WinXP Home on a Dell Dimension 8300.

Any help on this?

Thank you,

Jon Watkins
Marietta, GA 30062

Rashmi.K.Y [MSFT]

Hello,

Thank you for posting.

I understand that system displays error message while creating a new task
or while modifying an existing task.

Please try the following steps and check if the issue is resolved.

1. Open task scheduler.
2. Delete all existing tasks.
3. Click on start -> run -> type "services.msc" without double quotes and
click on OK.
4. Stop the "Task Scheduler" service, wait 10-15 seconds, and start "Task
Scheduler" Service, wait 10-15 minutes
5. Now please try creating a new task

Also please refer to the following KB article

Task Scheduler returns a "HRESULT: 0x8007007A" error message after you save
many jobs
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];264522

I hope the above information helps. If there is anything unclear, please
feel free to let me know. Thank you and have a nice day!

Rashmi