Windows XP Task Mannager Plz help me

Reaction score
i have a problem with my computer
everytime i open task mannager it closes goes into the tray next to the time. then when i put my mouse over it, The green spuare close. therefore there is not way to get in to task mannger . i have scanned with ad aware, AVG viruse scanner, Spybot, tend online scanner.

Reaction score
so i guess u have no idear what is wrong with my computer. what should i do in safe mode. i'm running XP by the way and it seams like my computer is always trying to conect to the net ,but i have no programs running that use the net. could i have some sort of new trojan?

does anyone have any idear how to fix up this task mannager problem?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
OK, it sounds like you have some sort of trojan/spyware then!

If adaware can't find it, and you can't see it manually by running "msconfig" in the run box (and then looking under startup), then it will be difficult to find.

If you computer always wants to dial up, do you know the number it tries?

Reaction score
thanks ian for the idear
but i can't open msconfig it does not start up i go to run it like u said but nuffin happenes :(

and when it try to connect to the net its just trying to connect using my dial up profile
it does no try to connect automaticy but the 'do u wanna conect' box comes up ever few minutes.

but if it is a trojan/spware then AVG,spybot,trend or adaware should have found it.

thats y i'm so annoyed

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I think a format may be in order I'm afraid! Sometimes it is best to do this when the PC is in such a state.

Just be sure to back up everything, and make sure you have an AntiVirus/Firewall ready to install before you connect to the net! :)

Reaction score
howdy ppl sorry i have not replyed in some time.
i have fixed my problem. the file was SBLHost it was located in systerm32. i stopped it from stating up from safe mode , therefore i could use task mannager. then i del SBLhost but kept a back up copy. so thanks everyone for ya help

Ask a Question