Windows XP Sync time with Windows XP machine

Reaction score
I'm trying to setup a Windows XP Pro machine to be configured as a time server for an application from a third party. This application only accepts the Daytime protocol (over port 13) and in one specific format. Unfortunatilly the application is not being developed anymore so I'm trying to get this working by configuring mine WinXp machine.

I'm getting a response from my WinXP machine, but not in a format that the application understands.
This is what I'm getting from WinXp as response: 12:00:36 AM 12/22/2011

What I would like is to get a response like you would get from a time server on the web.
Something like this: 55916 11-12-21 14:55:18 00 0 0 947.7 UTC(NIST) *

Is this even possible and how can I configure my WinXp machine to return the response in this format.

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314054

I don't know what format you will get when the time stamp comes in. I would imagine that since this is not a server OS, it probably won't give you what you want without third party software. I have not looked into the software but, I am sure they are out there.

Ask a Question