SVG Viewer

Reaction score
I have recently been accessing a family tree website using Internet Explorer9 and have received a message from 'webpage' (whatever that is) which says 'Your SVG viewer does not support scripting. Please consider upgrading it.'. I have spent some considerable time on my laptop and on-line but am unable to find what my current SVG viewer is or who the supplier is. Although there are various SVG viewer downloads available I am reluctant to download a new SG viewer without first knowing what I have now. Can anyone advise how to discover what SVG viewer I am currently using and the supplier ? Many thanks.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Hiya, welcome to PCR.

IE9 is about the only major browser not to offer full SVG viewing facilities and all IE versions before 9 didn't offer any support at all.

It's likely the only means you have for SVG viewing is within IE9 if you can't find any installed specific third party software.

If you need the facility I'd just install one of the software apps you've mentioned and viewed. There are numerous freebie plug-ins so don't pay for any software.

I note with interest Adobe stopped developing and ended support for their viewer in 2009.

Or you could install another browser, Google Chrome has full SVG viewing support, for instance.

Ask a Question