Windows XP Support for Windows XP SP2 Ends July 13, 2010

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
As MS announced way back in 2008, support for Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2) will end on July 13, 2010.

Support for Windows 2000 will end on the same date.

Customers running an unsupported version of Windows or Windows service pack will not be eligible for any Microsoft support options.

Updates, including security updates released with bulletins from the Microsoft Security Response Center, will be reviewed and built for the supported versions and service packs only. The most current service packs are available to organizations, and they are easily deployed via Windows Update, Windows Server Update Services/Microsoft System Center, and the Microsoft Download Centre.

To better understand the Microsoft Support Lifecycle Policy and your support options visit the Microsoft Support Lifecycle page.

:wave:

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
What a joke support time options are getting shorter and shorter year after year!

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
TriplexDread said:
Windows 7 is crap didn't like it at all
Nor Vista

I can understand you not liking Vista, but what's not to like about Windows 7 ?

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Win 7 is epic good. Sure it takes a little getting used to but its by far and away the best MS OS ever.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
crazylegs said:
What a joke support time options are getting shorter and shorter year after year!
Not really this is for SP2, everyone should be on SP3 by now if still on XP. ;)

Reaction score
I am on SP3 mate

Windows 7 is too..just...fiddly for me I really don't like the UI and find it difficult to navigate to find certain menus. I juts have not got the time to sit and learn another OS its taken 6 years to get used to XP

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I didn't say you wasn't, I was replying to CL's post TD, hence the quote. ;)

To expand on what i said earlier in post #6...

http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/?LN=en-gb&C2=1173

fu2g4w.jpg

Ask a Question