Still having trouble repairing my comp from spyware...help???

G

I recently had spyware in my computer. I was able to get rid of most of it with Ad-Aware and Spysweeper, but one called CoolWebSearch stubbornly stuck. I finally got rid of it with CW Shredder and supposedly all the spyware was gone. While I had the spyware, I noticed my programs and games lagged significantly, and for some reason even after I got rid of the spyware programs still lagged. Someone told me to try Highjackthis but when I tried, CoolWebSearch came back! What can I do to get rid of the lag the Spyware created???

G

Oh my god no way...still me here...CoolWebSearch keeps coming back! Unless i have cookies disabled and dont go anywhere basically on the net, it keeps comin back changing my homepage and stuff...i keep using CW shredder on it but it just doesnt wanna leave me alone! X_X how do i get rid of this stuff for good????

G

I have your problem. The latest CW shredder spotted a variant and remeoved it, but it also comes back. AdAware will detect but cannot remove. This is a very devious version.

J

JimBob

I read a post earlier, can't remember which newsgroup, that said if you run
Ad-aware in safe mode it will remove the newer variant. Don't have the
problem so don't know for sure if it works but worth a try.

Beaner said:
I have your problem. The latest CW shredder spotted a variant and
remeoved it, but it also comes back. AdAware will detect but cannot remove.
This is a very devious version.Unless i have cookies disabled and dont go anywhere basically on the net, it
keeps comin back changing my homepage and stuff...i keep using CW shredder
I recently had spyware in my computer. I was able to get rid of most
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
of it with Ad-Aware and Spysweeper, but one called CoolWebSearch stubbornly
stuck. I finally got rid of it with CW Shredder and supposedly all the
spyware was gone. While I had the spyware, I noticed my programs and games
lagged significantly, and for some reason even after I got rid of the
spyware programs still lagged. Someone told me to try Highjackthis but when
I tried, CoolWebSearch came back! What can I do to get rid of the lag the
Spyware created???

Ask a Question