Sticky notes

Steve King

Anybody have any recommendations for sticky notes type of software? I've
tried Stickies, but the long term note saving its programmer espouses
doesn't work all that well. Lately, I've been using ATNotes, but I
haven't been too comforfortable with its inteface. New notes start
awfully small, and with my less than stellar vision, I frequently miss
them and end up opening a 2nd and even a 3rd note. The first sticky note
software I used a couple of years ago was 3M's software imitation of its
paper Post-It Notes. It worked pretty well, but really applied the heavy
pressure to buy the non-freeware version.

Thanks!

Steve . . .

Susan Bugher

Steve said:
Anybody have any recommendations for sticky notes type of software? I've
tried Stickies, but the long term note saving its programmer espouses
doesn't work all that well. Lately, I've been using ATNotes, but I
haven't been too comforfortable with its inteface. New notes start
awfully small, and with my less than stellar vision, I frequently miss
them and end up opening a 2nd and even a 3rd note. The first sticky note
software I used a couple of years ago was 3M's software imitation of its
paper Post-It Notes. It worked pretty well, but really applied the heavy
pressure to buy the non-freeware version.

erm. . . *which* Stickies was it you tried? One of these two?

Program: Stickies
Author: (Tom Revell)
Ware: Donationware
http://www.zhornsoftware.co.uk/

Program: Stickies (2)
Author: (Steven de Toni)
Ware: Freeware
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Horizon/2691/files.htm

lots more of these apps listed on the ACF pages. . .
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/acf/P_ORGANIZERS.php#2.10Organizer:Notes

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

*ProteanThread*

i had the $$$ware version of 3M's post it notes i bought way back when
and still use it to this day; nothing i found even comes close. :-(

Roger Johansson

Veign said:

Windows Powerpro is a program with a lot of features, with notes
customizable in many ways. There is also collection of icons and colors
for Powerpro, called sticky-something-zip, which makes it look like
sticky notes.

Notes are saved as text files in a folder structure, which make the
notes files available for other programs too, like text editors.

Powerpro is mainly known as a program launcher menu creator, but it
contains a lot more possibilities. It is also a good notes program.

http://powerpro.webeddie.com/

Roger Johansson

Veign said:
And you replied to me because?

I see now that you have changed the text you have quoted, to make the
program name "Windows Powerpro" unreadable in two places. Do you have
something against that program, maybe?

Changing the quoted text is not a normal behavior in usenet and you
shouldn't do that.

You should start each msg with

NN wrote:

so other people can understand who you are replying to.

I can also inform you that it is quite common to reply to the last
message in a thread when you have something to add to the subject.

Because of your strange and tricky behavior I recommend the readers of
this ng to keep an eye on you in the future, you are certainly a
strange figure.

Windows Powerpro

Veign

Roger Johansson said:
I can also inform you that it is quite common to reply to the last
message in a thread when you have something to add to the subject.

huh? You replied to my post pushing your note application which made no
sense. Why didn't you reply to the OP? If you had something to say about
my post I would understand but you didn't, therefore your post made no sense
and was in the wrong place.

--
Chris Hanscom
Veign's Resource Center

Ninou

Anybody have any recommendations for sticky notes type of software? I've
tried Stickies, but the long term note saving its programmer espouses
doesn't work all that well. Lately, I've been using ATNotes, but I
haven't been too comforfortable with its inteface. New notes start
awfully small, and with my less than stellar vision, I frequently miss
them and end up opening a 2nd and even a 3rd note. The first sticky note
software I used a couple of years ago was 3M's software imitation of its
paper Post-It Notes. It worked pretty well, but really applied the heavy
pressure to buy the non-freeware version.

a small good one

Memento v1.12
158 ko
just the necessary functions...
http://www.guyswithtowels.com/dev/apps/memento.html

wheelgat@c- said:
Anybody have any recommendations for sticky notes type of software?

Windows PowerPro has been mentioned in the thread, but since that
particular bit of the thread has degenerated, I'm replying to you,
the OP :)

PowerPro is excellent. I was using another sticky-notes app which I
liked very much (a sponsored version, though the sponsorship was so
minimal that it didn't bother me in the least - and I am fussy about
this stuff :)) - but PowerPro does just as good a job with sticky-
notes, and offers so much more, that I now use it exclusively. FWIW,
it's the one app stopping me from switching to Linux :)