    the SPOOLSV.EXE is consuming, on average, 60-80% of my
    processing power. What's going on? How do I resolve this?
    My computer is completely bogged down because of this.

    Jeff Harris, Aug 3, 2004

  2. Greetings,

    Try checking your system for spyware since spyware tend to overload a
    system.

    Read the following website which explains
    on how to remove spyware:

    http://users.onvol.net/118226-2/xpez/articles/remove_spyware.html

    "Try these programs to check for any spyware that may be on your system:

    Ad-Aware - www.lavasoftusa.com
    Spybot - http://www.safer-networking.org/
    CWShredder - http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html

    Try SpyWareBlaster to stop intrusions:

    Also see the following links:

    http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/unwanted.htm
    http://www.microsoft.com/security/articles/spyware.asp"

    Thanks and best of luck!

    --
    Jose Francisco
    http://www.xpez.tk

    Jose Francisco, Aug 3, 2004

  3. Unexplained computer behavior may be caused by deceptive software
    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=827315

    Download Ad-Aware 6.0 and scan your PC for the presence of spyware
    http://download.com.com/3000-2144-10045910.html?part=69274&subj=dlpage&tag=button

    Note: Be sure to click on the "Check for updates now" link before scanning.

    Symantec Security Check
    http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym

    3 Steps to Help Insure Your PC is Protected

    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP - Shell/User

    Be Smart! Protect your PC!