Spiderman 2 - Defeating Mysterio

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I've been playing on Spiderman 2 recently (for the PC), and been enjoying it so far. HOWEVER! I'm having trouble defeating Mysterio... anyone got any tips?!

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
My dear Reefsmoka,

Oh dear, you poor thing. Had you taken time to read my post, you would have noticed that I said Spiderman 2.

Bless ;)

Last edited:

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
"If you haven't guessed by now, Mysterio is the EASIEST boss in the
game. Man, words cannot describe how EASY this guy is.

One, he DOES NOT attack. Yep, that's right, even normal crooks put up
a better fight.

And two, ONE punch will defeat him. Just ONE. It will take out ALL
three of his life bars. One kick will do it, too. A shot of impact
webbing probably would, also. But the evil (and fun!) way is to sprint
and then upper-cut him.
Thats a part from a spider man 2 (yes 2) walk through i read here :http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/spider_man_2_ng_f.txt

Scan to near the bottom.

Now i was only trying to help, i got the game but havent played it yet. So no need to be a n00bert about it ;).

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I think I know what the problem is ;) The walkthrough above is for the PS2, whereas the game is for the PC.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Found a PC Version:

Mysterio will be long to beat. In the first phase you must avoid rocks by
running around him and then throw one to him. After a rock or two, he will
escape. Jump from plateform to plateform, pull the Mysterio statue and reach
him. Restart the process. he will run again. Then you will jump and use some
statue. His gauge is weak but you won\'t have to avoid the rock this time, jump
on the top of a building. You will see a cutscene where the Mysterio robot
appear. Well it looks like Space Channel Five last boss... First avoid the
missile, then shoot the battery launcher. Now go on the top of the building and
shoot the central doom. Now zip to Mysterio\'s building and then use a plateform
on the other side to reach him.

Hit Mysterio, when he falls, i suggest you jump, he will hit in the void, then
hit him again, jump when he tries to hit you and finish him. If you miss to
jump when he stand up, he hits you and again you\'ll have to stop the battery
launcher and destroy the central dome.
http://www.supercheats.com/pc/walkthroughs/spiderman2-walkthrough01.txt

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
damn, i didnt think they would change the PS2 and PC versions about!

So they made the PS2 version easier or some shiznit?

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
lol, I didn't mean to offend you Reefsmoka, I just thought you were being sarcastic with me cos I'm a girl ;) Thanks for your help though, when I found the right part on that website you recommended I found it much easier.
I promise to play more manly games from now on... but not Doom 3 :eek:

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Baaah, It was my mistake. I didnt think the same game would be different from PS2 to PC :S, thats like making the same film but releasing a different version to DVD from video ! :O !

And there aint nowt wrong with spider man, nothing girly about it ;).

As for Doom 3, i only play when its light out :p.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've just given that level Becky is stuck on a go to see if I can get past it for her, I'm stuck too now! Seems a bit hard for a game :eek:

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
He he he, I didn't think you'd admit to that in public ;)

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Reefsmoka said:
I didnt think the same game would be different from PS2 to PC :S, thats like making the same film but releasing a different version to DVD from video ! :O !
Yeh, the games are very different apparently (although I haven't played on the PS2 version) - the PC one is the worst of the two! :(

Reaction score
i tend to stay away from games based on movies - especially the superhero types as to me they have always seemed a tad rushed and it seems like a lot more quality and effort could have gone into the game...IMO at least...

Reaction score
Hey I beat mysterio finally. It's actually pretty easy. The problem is that you can't throw the rocks above a certain angle or else they explode so what do you have to do? Reduce the angle. All over the city their are overhangs and awnings which you can cling to the bottom of while mysterio hurls rocks at you. Once he's done you simply crawl to the top of the awning/ledge get a rock and hurl it at Mysterio. If their isn't a ledge that is particularily close to where he is (like when he moves to the far corner after you've hit him twice) just try and remain as far away as possible the rocks that are further from him seem to be less volitile. Happy Hunting.

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
i tend to stay away from games based on movies - especially the superhero types as to me they have always seemed a tad rushed and it seems like a lot more quality and effort could have gone into the game...IMO at least...
Your missing out on alot of good games then ;). Golden Eye on the N64 being the best, then theres Chronicals of riddick, The Thing, Some of the star wars game shave been pretty nifty, like Rogue Squadren on the Gamecube and alot of people love KOTOR (knights of the old republic). Then theres the LOTR games, which when played are actually very good.

But i agree with you on the super hero spin offs. They seem all very generic nowadays, "go beat up the bank robbers" and all you be doing is tapping that X button like a maniac for half an hour!

Reaction score
Defeating Mysterio- exploding rocks

Most of the time when I try to throw rocks at Mysterio, they explode draining life. How do I avoid this?

Reaction score
can any one please help me how to throw stones on to mysterio in spiderman2. am trying but those stones are blasting on myself only

Ask a Question