'Soundblaster Creative Audigy Platinum eX' cable problem!!

Reaction score
I've had some computer parts hanging about for a few years, and I've finally gotten around to getting my PC built.

I've just had the SB Audigy parts put into the PC, .....this includes
1) the Audigy card that attaches to the motherboard
2) the Audigy drive that is visible from the Base Units front panel.

Unfortunately, I seem to have lost the cable that is needed to connect the Audigy card to the Audigy Drive.

Does anyone know what this cable might be?? I don't have the parts in my possession at the moment, so I have no idea about what needs to be connected to what.

I'm at the stage where I have got the card attached to the m/b and the drive hooked up to the psu.

But I don't know which additional cable/lead is need to link up the card and the drive.........any ideas???

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
It looks a little like a floppy cable or more accurately, like an old internal paralell AT cable.

It's a ribbon thing.

I've no idea what it's called or whether it can be purchased.

It may be an idea to e-mail some suppliers - or even Creative - to see if it's available to buy. But I wouldn't hold your breath on getting an answer from Creative.

All I can suggest is Google and contact/e-mail/phone suppliers.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
It's a dedicated cable ... you are only likely to get on off Creative.

:(

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
You could always make one up if you know someone you can get the pin-outs from, or if they are available online?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
You could always make one up if you know someone you can get the pin-outs from, or if they are available online?
No disrespect to mojouk, but I think even Floppy would have problems 'making one up' ... the cable is quite wide at one end, it then splits in two ... I have the PDF file for that card but its over 3mb, to big to upload here.

:cool:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
muckshifter said:
No disrespect to mojouk, but I think even Floppy would have problems 'making one up' ... the cable is quite wide at one end, it then splits in two ... I have the PDF file for that card but its over 3mb, to big to upload here.

:cool:
Ah ok, I haven't seen what it looks like, sounds like a complicated cable!

ATI sent me a cable for a card years and years ago... so Creative may be kind and send one too :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Mucks is right, I wouldn't even attempt to make that cable ;)

The connectors are dedicated Creative, I believe, and not available as standard connectors.

Reaction score
Hi

I have discovered that my only option is to call creative....in Europe somewhere and see if they will sell me some cables.

This may not be worth it, and I'm thinking buying a second hand one from ebay may end up cheaper in the end.

I just thought there might be a generic cable out there that might do the job. Ahh well, it was worth a try....

Ask a Question