SoundBlaster Audigy 2 Platinum EX

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
OcPrices.com have just released a review of Creative Labs' latest and greatest sound card, the SoundBlaster Audigy 2 Platinum EX. Whether you use your PC for gaming, listening to music or professional audio recording this is a card that shouldn't be overlooked:

Back in November of 2001, OcPrices.com was one of the first websites to take a look at the superb Creative Labs Audigy Platinum sound card, and today we are looking at its successor, the flagship Creative Labs SoundBlaster Audigy 2 Platinum EX, where the EX denotes that it has an external bay unit. Creative's internal bay version, the Platinum has been out for some time, but this version is the one the real audio buffs have been waiting for!

Read the review here

Reaction score
audigy 2 platinum

This audio board is topnotch! I can't imagine how you could be disappointed. I am outputting to Promedia 5.1, sounds as one would expect. This is under xp pro, suse is giving me a lot of grief at the moment, but that is another story....(i know you are a linuxteer, Eric)....

Reaction score
Anyone know if this is 'better' in sound quality than the Platinum 2 with the internal 5.25'' box, or is it just a smarter looking external box plus some extras that audiophiles will appreciate (i.e. people into mixing music and stuff)?

My ideal would be the Platinum 2 with a nice slick aluminium internal box with headphone jack and a couple of USB ports...something real simple.:spin:

Reaction score
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy™ 2 Platinum eX

Can I get the above system to work with my PC, and would I need to use the Creative Sound Card, or could I use my existing Sound Card?

Thanks.

Ask a Question