Creative Audigy Front Panel Connections

Reaction score
I've just bought a Coolermaster Centurion CAC-T05 and it's got a front panel with mic-in, earphone socket, 2 usb ports and a firewire port (the main reason i bought the case). I've got the 2 usb ports working ok, but i've got no idea as how to connect the audio leads to the audigy card. I've got the creative sound blaster audigy es version of the card from aria. The lead has got various pins coming off it such as line in, line out, vcc, gnd, mic, mic + etc etc

Any help from you guys out there would be greatly appreciated.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
On the flying leads from the front of your case for Mic. in & headphones, what's on the end of them? What type of connectors?

And do you have the manual for your sound card to identify the pins on it?

Reaction score
The card was oem sadly, only the driver cd was supplid with the card. The connectors on the end of each seperate cable are identical to the connectors on the end of the cables for your power button, reset button, speaker and power/hard-drive leds that you connect to your motherboard. (The little black fiddly ones)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
They connect to the MB ... your MB manual should tell you where, if it has the 'headers', and how.

Reaction score
My abit kv-7 doesn't appear to have the headers but i'm checking the manual word for word, including the chinese section :p (jk), and quote me wrong, but i can't use the onboard sound and the audigy at the same time anyway can i ? It's starting to sound like i've bought this case for nothing :( More fumbling around the back of the case with loose wires for me.

Reaction score
Ah the power of the internet, i just downloaded the manual in pdf format, and it's got a crystal clear picture of the audio header, but can i use this at the same time as the audigy without it causing conflict, looks like it's time for me to open up dexters laboratory and find out. I'll keep you guys informed.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
No, you can't use onboard sound and a sound card at the same time. You're using a sound card, so that's why I suggested taking the case leads to the sound card rather than the motherboard. And as you've noticed, not all mobos have sound headers either.

With the manual, you should find the connections straightforward. Let us know how you get on :)

Reaction score
No, you can't use onboard sound and a sound card at the same time.

you sure flops?

it won't work for what he wants to do, but you can have several audio devices in a machine no probs.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Techy said:
you sure flops?

it won't work for what he wants to do, but you can have several audio devices in a machine no probs.
um, no, I'm not sure, to be honest. But I was rather thinking of the situation outlined above.

*Thinks* Yes, I suppose it's feasible, providing you have necessary software. Mixing and stuff, yes, hmm, I'll have to look into this ;)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
um, no, I'm not sure, to be honest. But I was rather thinking of the situation outlined above.

*Thinks* Yes, I suppose it's feasible, providing you have necessary software. Mixing and stuff, yes, hmm, I'll have to look into this ;)
Never tried it either ... :D

But if you have the correct drivers installed for both it may, or may not, work. :cool:

Reaction score
Turns out my motherboard did have the right header on it, but thanks to abit and their creative minds it's hidden right underneath the artic cooler on my radeon 9800 pro. Anyway, i connected it up but it was no good as expected. I'm looking at different sources on the net which claim that you can connect the front panel manually to the 'audigy_external bay' pins. Some say it'll work, and some say it won't because the audigy front panel uses digital signals only. So once again time for lots of head scratching, i'll keep you guys posted on my findings.

Ask a Question