Snap-in Creation Failed - Name:Services

G

Today I was going to stop/start a service and when I went to the services icon, I received the following message

"Snap-in Creation Faile
The snap-is is not created, it may not be installed properly
Name:Service
CLSID:{58221C66-EA27-11CF-ADCF-00AA00A80033}

Does anybody know what in the world might have happened to cause this and what to do to correct it?

C

Carey Frisch [MVP]

"Snap-in Failed to Initialize" Error Message When You Open Microsoft Management Console
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;826282&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User

Be Smart! Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/security/protect/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

| Today I was going to stop/start a service and when I went to the services icon, I received the following
| "Snap-in Creation Failed
| The snap-is is not created, it may not be installed properly.
| Name:Services
| CLSID:{58221C66-EA27-11CF-ADCF-00AA00A80033}"
|
| Does anybody know what in the world might have happened to cause this and what to do to correct it?

Reaction score
Snap-in Services

Please advise if you found the solution??

Jon

=?Utf-8?B?SmltYm8=?= said:
Today I was going to stop/start a service and when I went to the services icon, I received the following message

"Snap-in Creation Faile
The snap-is is not created, it may not be installed properly
Name:Service
CLSID:{58221C66-EA27-11CF-ADCF-00AA00A80033}

Does anybody know what in the world might have happened to cause this and what to do to correct it?

Reaction score
Snap-in creation failed name:services

Hi,

This is my first post so forgive me if this doesn't resolve your issue but it worked for me and I can now open my services window again.

I tried searching the registry for the Class ID mentioned in the error message, same one as posted in this thread by the way.

After finding several entries I found one which pointed to a dll file called filemgmnt.dll, I clicked on Start - Run and entered "regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\filemgmt.dll" and received an error message telling me that the file was not and executable file and could not be registered, I downloaded another copy of the Dll from the internet and replaced my existing one, tried to register it again and this time I got a message telling me that the file had been registered successfully and lo and behold I then had a working Services window again.

I didn't browse the registry and further so I don't know if any other Dll files are required to open the snap-in as filemgmt.dll sorted my issue.

Hope this helps

Deano1969

Ask a Question