Windows XP Slowly failing computer

Reaction score
Hi, all of a sudden I've encountered a problem with my PC, when I turn it on FireFox won't open while Internet Explorer will, sounds pretty basic. Windows Media Player will work at first, but then after a while if I try to play a song it'll say theres a problem with my sound device.
Then my screen will suddenly switch to the Windows Classic theme and quickly switch back. Then FireFox suddenly works but I don't get no sound on YouTube or anything, both the graphics card and the sound card are onboard I know that much.

I'm running Windows XP
With AVG Free for Antispyware and Antivirus protection

Someone please help, thanks

Reaction score
First off...Hi and welcome to the forum:wave: :wave: :wave:

Have you don the usual, like run any sort of anti virus to see if you have anuy form of virus...? Try using Super anti spyware and Spybot Search and Destroy and see what they tell you..Also try uninstalling Fire Fox anbd re-installing it...See what happens there..

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome ^__^

And I followed your advice and I managed to find a Adware prboelm which is now sorted which I am thankful for , but (there's always a but...) my problem has perservered and is still here... :(

Ask a Question