Windows XP Help !! High Defination audio driver package KB888111 for XP (sp2)

Reaction score
Hi All,

I uninstalled the onboard Realtek sound drivers and the High Defination audio driver package KB888111 from my PC, as there as a problem while installing the creative 5.1 sound blaster drivers for the creative 5.1 speakers.

Then again i Re-insatalled the intel motherboard drivers which has the realtek audio drivers for onboard sound, and after this installed the creative 5.1 sound drivers. Now the onboard and added creative sound card works fine.

When i check in the control panel for Add/Remove programs, i cant locate the High Defination audio driver package - KB888111 which was earlier there before uninstalling.
How do i install this and from which cd? Is it the Win XP (sp2) OR the Intel motherboard cd ?

Also will it create problems again for my sound card drivers as it works fine now with the creative 5.1 speakers.?

Please let me know if this creates a problem if i do not install this HD audio driver pakage KB888111.

PC Details:
Intel Core 2 Quad 2.40 Ghz
Intel Original mother board DG35EC
Creative 5.1 sound blaster card
Creative 5.1 speakers (model Inspire)

Would really appreciate your inputs !!!

Reaction score
thanks a lot mate !

but one last ques....does this HD audio package KB888111 comes in the win xp (sp2) cd or the intel motherboard driver cd...?? so that i can perform the task in way as said in the above link...

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Haven't a clue. I just googled and found the article but never read all of it. I'm a barbarian not a pc expert.
laughingsmiley.gif

Ask a Question