slow PC

G

Hi there
A common computer hogger is spyware. You could have alot of spyware on your computer, and not even know it! Wheter you think you have spyware or not, everyone should have a spyware remover. These are easy to get and are free (usually). I suggest www.download.com, download Ad-aware 6 and Spybot - Search and Destroy. I suggest running BOTH of them, as some find some things that others do not. Be sure to update them weekly, as there are updates frequently. I suggest that EVERYBODY have a spyware removal program, whether your computer runs smoothly or not, it invades your privacy as well as slow your computer
If this does not solve the problem, you could possibly have a virus, use anti-virus programs to check, and if that is not it, you could upgrade your computer, or format it (which you should only do if you have everything and you know what you're doing!!!
Thanks for reading, I hope I helped you out a little bit, bye...

G

----- bgide wrote: ----

Im only using about 7GB of a 20GB hard drive. Processor
speed is 1.8Ghz, with 256Mb of RAM and PC is running very
slow. Im obviously not a "power user" but it takes 10-15
mins. to boot up and several mins. to launch any
application. How can I speed up PC

M

Michael Solomon \(MS-MVP Windows Shell/User\)

First, be sure your antivirus software is up to date and run a scan of your
system or you can scan your system online at the following site:
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/, Just click"Scan now, it's Free" under
Scan Your PC.

Second, download, install and run Ad Aware:
www.lavasoftusa.com

The issue you describe is a common symptom of having a virus or malware on
your system so it's best to rule those out before trying anything else.

Ask a Question