slow PC

Jim Macklin

I still think that money, measured against a fixed scale,
such as gold or hours worked, or even pounds of cars, has
gotten steadily lower in value.

I think that for most things the ratio is 10-1 since the
1950s and about 1,000 since the 1890s. Except for things
that didn't exist in the day, Bill Gates is poor compared to
the Vanderbilt family.

"Michael Solomon (MS-MVP Windows Shell/User)"
| That was true until the 1990s when the dollar began to
increase in value
| and, Voila, prices went down or stabilized. Interesting
note, one of the
| reasons Saudi Arabia has cited over the years for razing
the price per
| barrel of oil, a reason they cited in the most recent run
up as well was the
| lower value of the dollar. The dollar went into free fall
in 2002.

| --
| Michael Solomon MS-MVP
| Windows Shell/User
| Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
| DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/

in message
| | > BTW, prices have not gone up, the money is just worth
less
| > due to inflation.
| >

| > "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>
wrote
| > in message | > | Think of yourself as a teacher, explain about a total
US
| > | budget of $101 Billion that JFK submitted and caused
an
| > | outrage because it was so high in peace-time. About
| > buying
| > | a new car for $1,400 and filling the tank cost $5...
about
| > | not hearing about the news from around the world for
24-48
| > | hours later. About how amazed we were to see the moon
| > | launches and how every TV network gave 24/7 coverage.
| > Until
| > | Apollo 12. But how they went 24/7 for Apollo 13 only
| > after
| > | it had the accident.
| > | About how Walter Crankcase personally decided that the
US
| > | had lost the war in VN and CBS made sure he was right.
| > |
| > | BTW, Aural sex is the only safe sex.
| > |
| > |
| > | "Michael Solomon (MS-MVP Windows Shell/User)"
| > | to girls who didn't
| > | Martin Luther King.
with a
| > | girl who didn't live
| > | |
like
| > | more mature women;
| > | them!<VBG>
| > | |
| > | |
| > wrote
| > | in message
| > | can
ago
| > | before

| > | | > |

| > <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>

message

that's
| > | it.
| > | | > | > > |
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | | > | > > |

although
| > | they
either. I

| > Shell/User

| > | | > | > > |
| > | | > | > > |

| > | | > |
| > | | > |

| > | |
| > | |
| > |
| > |

Michael Solomon \(MS-MVP Windows Shell/User\)

This is a discussion not for this board really.

I'll just say that usually, as the dollar increases in value against other
currencies, Gold will decline and as the dollar declines, Gold increases.
In other words, precious metals that at one time appeared to be a good gauge
have become too volatile and as a measure, because they react to the value
of the dollar, in and of themselves I consider them a poor gauge.

Conversely, you can get some idea of the value as you seem to be measuring
it by doing some price comparisons. However, such comparisons can fall
short as well as they don't take into account income today versus "back
then." Inflation slowed to a crawl in the 1990s. Hence, if you use price
comparison as a value yardstick, the 1990s don't look very good compared to
past periods but taken based on the level of inflation at the time along
with the rising dollar value, low interest rates and low cost of energy,
even modes gains in income proved substantial, at least in the context of
that period.

It should be remembered that the Vanderbilts not only made their money at a
time when costs were significantly less but also at a time when there was no
income tax. They also began before the big trusts and monopolies were
outlawed and broken up. Gates made his money in a much different
environment. That said, Gates' fortune is largely on paper. His fortune is
tied to the value of his stock. This is not to say the Vanderbilts and
others didn't own stock but their fortunes had a larger capital component
than many fortunes today.

--

Jim Macklin said:
I still think that money, measured against a fixed scale,
such as gold or hours worked, or even pounds of cars, has
gotten steadily lower in value.

I think that for most things the ratio is 10-1 since the
1950s and about 1,000 since the 1890s. Except for things
that didn't exist in the day, Bill Gates is poor compared to
the Vanderbilt family.

"Michael Solomon (MS-MVP Windows Shell/User)"
| That was true until the 1990s when the dollar began to
increase in value
| and, Voila, prices went down or stabilized. Interesting
note, one of the
| reasons Saudi Arabia has cited over the years for razing
the price per
| barrel of oil, a reason they cited in the most recent run
up as well was the
| lower value of the dollar. The dollar went into free fall
in 2002.

| --
| Michael Solomon MS-MVP
| Windows Shell/User
| Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
| DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/

in message
| | > BTW, prices have not gone up, the money is just worth
less
| > due to inflation.
| >

| > "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>
wrote
| > in message | > | Think of yourself as a teacher, explain about a total
US
| > | budget of $101 Billion that JFK submitted and caused
an
| > | outrage because it was so high in peace-time. About
| > buying
| > | a new car for $1,400 and filling the tank cost $5...
about
| > | not hearing about the news from around the world for
24-48
| > | hours later. About how amazed we were to see the moon
| > | launches and how every TV network gave 24/7 coverage.
| > Until
| > | Apollo 12. But how they went 24/7 for Apollo 13 only
| > after
| > | it had the accident.
| > | About how Walter Crankcase personally decided that the
US
| > | had lost the war in VN and CBS made sure he was right.
| > |
| > | BTW, Aural sex is the only safe sex.
| > |
| > |
| > | "Michael Solomon (MS-MVP Windows Shell/User)"
| > | to girls who didn't
| > | Martin Luther King.
with a
| > | girl who didn't live
| > | |
like
| > | more mature women;
| > | them!<VBG>
| > | |
| > | |
| > wrote
| > | in message
| > | can
ago
| > | before

| > | | > |

| > <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>

message

that's
| > | it.
| > | | > | > > |
| > | <[email protected]>
| > | | > | > > |

although
| > | they
either. I

| > Shell/User

| > | | > | > > |
| > | | > | > > |

| > | | > |
| > | | > |

| > | |
| > | |
| > |
| > |

Michael Solomon \(MS-MVP Windows Shell/User\)

Not sure I want to have children at this stage of my life so I suppose I can
rule that out as a factor!:)

When you take that out of the equation, then I only need one woman who
combines the qualities of the teenage beauty and the wise mature woman (I
hope with a nice little girl quality within) and I have all I need or
want!:)

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User
Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/

Jim Macklin said:
That is why a man need several wives, a teenage beauty to
keep you young, a wise mature woman to talk to, a healthy
young woman to have the kids, a mother-type to keep everyone
in line. ;<)

"Michael Solomon (MS-MVP Windows Shell/User)"
| Actually, I rather like the fact at this stage of my life,
a woman in her
| 40s seems the perfect age to me. She may be a little
young to remember some
| of the things you and I have mentioned but she still has
the maturity I like
| and I've found some real beauties in that age range I
would never trade for
| anyone younger.:)
|
| --
| Michael Solomon MS-MVP
| Windows Shell/User
| Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
| DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/

in message
| | > Think of yourself as a teacher, explain about a total US
| > budget of $101 Billion that JFK submitted and caused an
| > outrage because it was so high in peace-time. About
buying
| > a new car for $1,400 and filling the tank cost $5...
about
| > not hearing about the news from around the world for
24-48
| > hours later. About how amazed we were to see the moon
| > launches and how every TV network gave 24/7 coverage.
Until
| > Apollo 12. But how they went 24/7 for Apollo 13 only
after
| > it had the accident.
| > About how Walter Crankcase personally decided that the
US
| > had lost the war in VN and CBS made sure he was right.
| >
| > BTW, Aural sex is the only safe sex.
| >

| > "Michael Solomon (MS-MVP Windows Shell/User)"
regard
| > to girls who didn't
| > | live through the 60s, the two Kennedy assassinations
and
| > Martin Luther King.
| > | I don't feel as though I have anything in common with
| > girl who didn't live
| > | through that stuff.
| > |
| > | On the other hand, even when I was 17, I tended to
like
| > more mature women;
| > | the only difference today....I've caught up with
| > them!<VBG>
| > |
| > | --
| > | Michael Solomon MS-MVP
| > | Windows Shell/User
| > | Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
| > | DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
| > |
| > | "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>
wrote
| > in message
legally I
| > can
ago
| > before

| > | > |

<p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>

message

that's
| > it.
| > | > | > > |
| > <[email protected]>
| > | > | > > |

| > they

Shell/User

| > | > | > > |
| > | > | > > |

| > | > |
| > | > |

| > |
| > |

Michael Solomon \(MS-MVP Windows Shell/User\)

Whatever the case, it was darn foolish to do while president, especially
under the glare of all that publicity and with so many people looking for
any opening to topple your presidency.

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User
Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/

Jim Macklin said:
I think Hilary told him to do what he wanted, with somebody
else, just no new kids.

"Michael Solomon (MS-MVP Windows Shell/User)"
| I thought if he had "indulged himself" a little more and
Monica not at all,
| he would have been just fine. I guess he believed those
old tales about
| eyesight and warts, especially as he got older and his
eyesight began to
| fail.
|
| --
| Michael Solomon MS-MVP
| Windows Shell/User
| Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
| DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/

in message
| | > Bill Clinton used his wang too much.
| >

| > "Michael Solomon (MS-MVP Windows Shell/User)"
| > |
| > | They were a little before my time but not much. I saw
one
| > in a museum like
| > | display. As I recall, someone demonstrated it to me
and I
| > was allowed to
| > | try to see if I could make it work. I may have done
so at
| > the time but if
| > | you put one in front of me now, I wouldn't have the
| > foggiest.
| > |
| > | Hey, I was in the group that used to proudly brag and
| > sophomorically giggle
| > | about how I was going to do my homework on my "Wang."
| > |
| > | --
| > | Michael Solomon MS-MVP
| > | Windows Shell/User
| > | Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
| > | DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
| > |
| > | "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>
wrote
| > in message
| > he
| > Works

48?

| > | > |
| > | > |
<p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>
| > wrote
| > Curta

| > Did
| > | > | > |
| > <[email protected]>

they
| > were
| > started

Shell/User

| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |

| > | > |
| > | > |

| > |
| > |

Jim Macklin

LOL and crying softly inside.

"Michael Solomon (MS-MVP Windows Shell/User)"
| Not sure I want to have children at this stage of my life
so I suppose I can
| rule that out as a factor!:)
|
| When you take that out of the equation, then I only need
one woman who
| combines the qualities of the teenage beauty and the wise
mature woman (I
| hope with a nice little girl quality within) and I have
all I need or
| want!:)
|
| --
| Michael Solomon MS-MVP
| Windows Shell/User
| Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
| DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/

in message
| | > That is why a man need several wives, a teenage beauty
| > keep you young, a wise mature woman to talk to, a
healthy
| > young woman to have the kids, a mother-type to keep
everyone
| > in line. ;<)
| >

| > "Michael Solomon (MS-MVP Windows Shell/User)"
| > a woman in her
| > | 40s seems the perfect age to me. She may be a little
| > young to remember some
| > | of the things you and I have mentioned but she still
has
| > the maturity I like
| > | and I've found some real beauties in that age range I
| > would never trade for
| > | anyone younger.:)
| > |
| > | --
| > | Michael Solomon MS-MVP
| > | Windows Shell/User
| > | Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
| > | DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
| > |
| > | "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>
wrote
| > in message
| > buying
| > about
| > 24-48
moon
coverage.
| > Until
only
| > after
the
| > US
right.

| > regard
assassinations
| > and
with
| > | > |
| > like
| > | > |
| > | > |
<p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>
| > wrote
| > legally I
years
| > ago

| > | > | > |

| > <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>

Ever
| > seen a
| > | > | > | > >

| > message

| > that's
| > | > | > | > > |
| > | > | > | > > |

although
either.

| > Shell/User

| > | > | > | > > |
| > | > | > | > > |

| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |

| > | > |
| > | > |

| > |
| > |

Jim Macklin

And he made Arafat wait!

"Michael Solomon (MS-MVP Windows Shell/User)"
| Whatever the case, it was darn foolish to do while
president, especially
| under the glare of all that publicity and with so many
people looking for
| any opening to topple your presidency.
|
| --
| Michael Solomon MS-MVP
| Windows Shell/User
| Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
| DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/

in message
| | >I think Hilary told him to do what he wanted, with
somebody
| > else, just no new kids.
| >

| > "Michael Solomon (MS-MVP Windows Shell/User)"
| > Monica not at all,
| > | he would have been just fine. I guess he believed
those
| > old tales about
| > | eyesight and warts, especially as he got older and his
| > eyesight began to
| > | fail.
| > |
| > | --
| > | Michael Solomon MS-MVP
| > | Windows Shell/User
| > | Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
| > | DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
| > |
| > | "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>
wrote
| > in message

| > | > |
saw
| > one
me
| > and I
done
| > so at
the
| > | > |
and
"Wang."
| > | > |
| > | > |
<p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>
| > wrote
| > after
case.

HP
| > 48?

| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |
| > <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>

message

that's
| > it.
| > | > | > | > |
| > | > | > | > |

Jim Macklin said:
LOL and crying softly inside.

"Michael Solomon (MS-MVP Windows Shell/User)"
| Not sure I want to have children at this stage of my life
so I suppose I can
| rule that out as a factor!:)
|
| When you take that out of the equation, then I only need
one woman who
| combines the qualities of the teenage beauty and the wise
mature woman (I
| hope with a nice little girl quality within) and I have
all I need or
| want!:)
|
| --
| Michael Solomon MS-MVP
| Windows Shell/User
| Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
| DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/

in message
| | > That is why a man need several wives, a teenage beauty
| > keep you young, a wise mature woman to talk to, a
healthy
| > young woman to have the kids, a mother-type to keep
everyone
| > in line. ;<)
| >

| > "Michael Solomon (MS-MVP Windows Shell/User)"
| > a woman in her
| > | 40s seems the perfect age to me. She may be a little
| > young to remember some
| > | of the things you and I have mentioned but she still
has
| > the maturity I like
| > | and I've found some real beauties in that age range I
| > would never trade for
| > | anyone younger.:)
| > |
| > | --
| > | Michael Solomon MS-MVP
| > | Windows Shell/User
| > | Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
| > | DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
| > |
| > | "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>
wrote
| > in message
| > buying
| > about
| > 24-48
moon
coverage.
| > Until
only
| > after
the
| > US
right.

| > regard
assassinations
| > and
with
| > | > |
| > like
| > | > |
| > | > |
<p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>
| > wrote
| > legally I
years
| > ago

| > | > | > |

| > <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>

Ever
| > seen a
| > | > | > | > >

| > message

| > that's
| > | > | > | > > |
| > | > | > | > > |

although
either.

| > Shell/User

| > | > | > | > > |
| > | > | > | > > |

| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |

| > | > |
| > | > |

| > |
| > |

Michael Solomon \(MS-MVP Windows Shell/User\)

Is that right...hmm, maybe it was worth it!<EG>

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User
Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/

Jim Macklin said:
And he made Arafat wait!

"Michael Solomon (MS-MVP Windows Shell/User)"
| Whatever the case, it was darn foolish to do while
president, especially
| under the glare of all that publicity and with so many
people looking for
| any opening to topple your presidency.
|
| --
| Michael Solomon MS-MVP
| Windows Shell/User
| Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
| DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/

in message
| | >I think Hilary told him to do what he wanted, with
somebody
| > else, just no new kids.
| >

| > "Michael Solomon (MS-MVP Windows Shell/User)"
| > Monica not at all,
| > | he would have been just fine. I guess he believed
those
| > old tales about
| > | eyesight and warts, especially as he got older and his
| > eyesight began to
| > | fail.
| > |
| > | --
| > | Michael Solomon MS-MVP
| > | Windows Shell/User
| > | Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
| > | DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
| > |
| > | "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>
wrote
| > in message

| > | > |
saw
| > one
me
| > and I
done
| > so at
the
| > | > |
and
"Wang."
| > | > |
| > | > |
<p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>
| > wrote
| > after
case.

HP
| > 48?

| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |
| > <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>

message

that's
| > it.
| > | > | > | > |
| > | > | > | > |

although
| > they
either. I

| > Shell/User

| > | > | > | > |
| > | > | > | > |

| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |

| > | > |
| > | > |

| > |
| > |

Jim Macklin

He should have had the Marines shoot him.

"Michael Solomon (MS-MVP Windows Shell/User)"
| Is that right...hmm, maybe it was worth it!<EG>
|
| --
| Michael Solomon MS-MVP
| Windows Shell/User
| Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
| DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/

in message
| | > And he made Arafat wait!
| >
| > "Michael Solomon (MS-MVP Windows Shell/User)"
| > president, especially
| > | under the glare of all that publicity and with so many
| > people looking for
| > | any opening to topple your presidency.
| > |
| > | --
| > | Michael Solomon MS-MVP
| > | Windows Shell/User
| > | Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
| > | DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
| > |
| > | "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>
wrote
| > in message
| > somebody

| > and
| > those
| > | > |
| > | > |
<p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>
| > wrote

| > | > | > |
much. I
| > saw
| > me
have
| > done
have
| > the
| > | > | > |
brag
| > and
| > "Wang."
| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |
| > <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>
grenade
| > case.

TI83 or
| > HP

Shell/User)"

| > | > | > | > |
| > | > | > | > |
| > | > | > | > |
Ever
| > seen
| > | > | > | > | >

| > message

and
| > that's
| > | > | > | > | > |
| > | > | > | > | > |

| > although
| > either. I

| > | > | > | > | > |
| > | > | > | > | > |

| > | > | > | > |
| > | > | > | > |

| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |

| > | > |
| > | > |

| > |
| > |

Michael Solomon \(MS-MVP Windows Shell/User\)

:)

--

Jim Macklin said:
He should have had the Marines shoot him.

"Michael Solomon (MS-MVP Windows Shell/User)"
| Is that right...hmm, maybe it was worth it!<EG>
|
| --
| Michael Solomon MS-MVP
| Windows Shell/User
| Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
| DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/

in message
| | > And he made Arafat wait!
| >
| > "Michael Solomon (MS-MVP Windows Shell/User)"
| > president, especially
| > | under the glare of all that publicity and with so many
| > people looking for
| > | any opening to topple your presidency.
| > |
| > | --
| > | Michael Solomon MS-MVP
| > | Windows Shell/User
| > | Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
| > | DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
| > |
| > | "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>
wrote
| > in message
| > somebody

| > and
| > those
| > | > |
| > | > |
<p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>
| > wrote

| > | > | > |
much. I
| > saw
| > me
have
| > done
have
| > the
| > | > | > |
brag
| > and
| > "Wang."
| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |
| > <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>
grenade
| > case.

TI83 or
| > HP

Shell/User)"

| > | > | > | > |
| > | > | > | > |
| > | > | > | > |
Ever
| > seen
| > | > | > | > | >

| > message

and
| > that's
| > | > | > | > | > |
| > | > | > | > | > |

| > although
| > either. I

| > | > | > | > | > |
| > | > | > | > | > |

| > | > | > | > |
| > | > | > | > |

| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |

| > | > |
| > | > |

| > |
| > |

wojo

Jim Macklin said:
Very. I was reading some find law stuff a few weeks ago and
think there are some real problems out there with lawmakers.

In most states it is legal to have sex with a person over 16
but it is illegal to have pictures or video of a sexual
nature of a person under 18.
Yeah the CONSENT law is interesting at best. Funny part is she can CONSENT
then afterwads change her mind. hmmm, very scary indeed.
There was a very badly done sci-fi movie about 10 years ago,
it had a scene with lawyers negotiating one-night-stands in
a bar, to verify ages, benefits and other details. Very
funny at the time. Did you ever think that the reason that
actor spent $50,000 on hookers was because that was cheaper
than a California palimony suit. LOL, a heck of a lot cheaper.

| Scary isn't it.

in message
| | > The girls are 12 going on 21. The one who ARE 35 are
trying
| > to look 21 by dressing 12.

drinking
| > etc...
| > | Dating teenage girls is scary. They make them
different
| > than when we were
| > | all kids. Can't tell the difference w/o carding them
1st!
| > |
| > | "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>
wrote
| > in message
legally I
| > can
ago
| > before

| > | > |

<p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>

message

that's
| > it.
| > | > | > > |
| > <[email protected]>
| > | > | > > |

| > they

Shell/User

| > | > | > > |
| > | > | > > |

| > | > |
| > | > |

| > |
| > |

wojo

Problem is so many presidents before him were just as foolish just lucky
enough to not get caught. He was foolish to do it simply because he spent
his entire presidency under the spotlight and magnifying glass.

Jim Macklin said:
I think Hilary told him to do what he wanted, with somebody
else, just no new kids.

"Michael Solomon (MS-MVP Windows Shell/User)"
| I thought if he had "indulged himself" a little more and
Monica not at all,
| he would have been just fine. I guess he believed those
old tales about
| eyesight and warts, especially as he got older and his
eyesight began to
| fail.
|
| --
| Michael Solomon MS-MVP
| Windows Shell/User
| Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
| DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/

in message
| | > Bill Clinton used his wang too much.
| >

| > "Michael Solomon (MS-MVP Windows Shell/User)"
| > |
| > | They were a little before my time but not much. I saw
one
| > in a museum like
| > | display. As I recall, someone demonstrated it to me
and I
| > was allowed to
| > | try to see if I could make it work. I may have done
so at
| > the time but if
| > | you put one in front of me now, I wouldn't have the
| > foggiest.
| > |
| > | Hey, I was in the group that used to proudly brag and
| > sophomorically giggle
| > | about how I was going to do my homework on my "Wang."
| > |
| > | --
| > | Michael Solomon MS-MVP
| > | Windows Shell/User
| > | Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
| > | DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
| > |
| > | "Jim Macklin" <p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>
wrote
| > in message
| > he
| > Works

48?

| > | > |
| > | > |
<p51mustang[threeX12]@xxxhotmail.calm>
| > wrote
| > Curta

| > Did
| > | > | > |
| > <[email protected]>

they
| > were
| > started

Shell/User

| > | > | > |
| > | > | > |

| > | > |
| > | > |

| > |
| > |

Shenan Stanley

bigshay8695 said:
How do I speed up my pc

Oops.. Lost that bet..

I thought it would be another week or two before wojo went insane.
Now WHOM did I make that bet with... hmmm...

bigshay8695,

Your post leaves much to be desired. We have no idea if you are asking this
because your PII 300MHz with 128MB RAM seems slow or if something has
happened. How about a little more information added to this thread on the
newsgroup?

wojo

lol
not insane yet, just a little crazy.

Shenan Stanley said:
Oops.. Lost that bet..

I thought it would be another week or two before wojo went insane.
Now WHOM did I make that bet with... hmmm...

bigshay8695,

Your post leaves much to be desired. We have no idea if you are asking
this
because your PII 300MHz with 128MB RAM seems slow or if something has
happened. How about a little more information added to this thread on the
newsgroup?

Sorry about my english.
You get a big problem like all the people using MS software ( including me).
Windows is a big virus, resources waster system.
MS focuses on ease of use but forgot computing speed. They make focus in the role of "The system help you and make tasks for you" against that the people wants. The people wants that the system do the user orders.
One recomendation is to use an old OS in new machines, like Win98 (never use WinMe) or if you use the PC to work, use Win2k.
This kind of system OS are serious faster than WinXP.
Specially faster and stable is Win2k. It have the base core of WinXP without the skin and services it runs.
I hope this can be useful for you....
Or move to linux like me.....
Bye...

There may have been a time when your slow PC ran quite nicely, when windows would boot up promptly. Just figure out the date. It might have been 1 week or 1 month ago. Perform a system restore back to the time when it was not so slow, of course after saving all your critical data. If this sounds too drastic then run msconfig and disable all the startup items and services and reboot. If your PC still takes over 15 minutes to bootup then ensure all critical updates are installed, run adaware, run antivirus scan, perform disk cleanup, defag your system harddrive and then run the network wizard again ensuring that the correct options are entered this time around. Check your device manager is not reporting any hardware that is not installed correctly and ensure to update the drivers for each entry which is reporting a problem. Also check to ensure the IDE channels are set to DMA. Finally uninstall your anti-virus/firewall especially if it Nortons and then reinstall DirectX. Finally, if all else fails, reinstalling your OS from a reformatted drive and reinstalling you applications may be quicker to do than trying to discover what is causing the problem in the first place.