Slow Internet

Reaction score
hey guys, gope you remember me :p

Recently in the past week or so i have been having some internet issues :( im using a router (Linksy's one) and in the past week when that is plugged in all my internet and games get laggy like mega lagged out.

this has only started to happen recently since now it has been fine for the past year or so. I called NTL and they said it was nothing to do with them all there connections are fine, so okay took there word for it and did a few Spyware tests. 1st couple got a load of stuff that i deleted bla bla ... then recently i havnt been getting any results which is good i guess but im still experienceing lag. I have run out of ideas of what to do, i have defragmented cleared C:drive and everything.

Is it my computer or the router? it seems to work okay without the router tbh maybe still a little slower than usual though. Another thing could it be someone else's computer giving me the lag somehow? i know i shae bandwidth with the other 2 computer in the house but when they are not onnected im still getting the lag :(

I hope this makes some sense to you all and i hope some people can try and help me out :)

thanks guys

-G~MAN

Reaction score
Hello long time no talk;)

I have Linksys> NTL but no problems, it does however appear to be a PC problem, do the other PC`S on the link have any problems?

Reaction score
well i did some of my own testing and strangly the internet works fine without the router :s

i tried a few games i was experiencing lag with and so far i havnt had any since i made a direct connection with my modem straight to the computer, i think it must be the router. But il wait a while and see if im getting any lag, is it possible another computer has the spyware and is giving me the effects it has too whilst connected? i know my sister goes on alot of crap and is infested with spyware :p

-G~MAN

Reaction score
G~MAN said:
well i did some of my own testing and strangly the internet works fine without the router :s

i tried a few games i was experiencing lag with and so far i havnt had any since i made a direct connection with my modem straight to the computer, i think it must be the router. But il wait a while and see if im getting any lag, is it possible another computer has the spyware and is giving me the effects it has too whilst connected? i know my sister goes on alot of crap and is infested with spyware :p

-G~MAN

On the back of the router there is a reset button, Hold it in with a biro point or similar for 30 secs> and set the router up as before using the disc, that should tell you if the router is OK or not as when setting up it will tell you remember when doing so to have a network connection direct from the modem;) , when I think back it happened to me 2 yrs ago:nod: and after resetting have had no problem since:thumb:

Reaction score
good stuff i will try that soon :)

may have some problems because i dont think it came with a disk, il search for the bos and that soon, il let you know how it goes

-G~MAN

Reaction score
Tried the reset button, no luck still lagging like a mother f*****

when i take the router out all works well but my parents get in a mood because they cant get on, even when they are not on the internet and sharing the bandwidth im still getting stooooopid lag.

Come on need some more help! its notmy computer, could it be one of the other two that is somehow giving me it :S

Thanks and hope you can help out or i'll cry

-G~MAN

Reaction score
good stuff il try that now,

-using wireless for everything

-the games are online, World of Warcraft / CS:S ... work fine through the direct connection

- not sure what you mean, but according the old folk and the sister there connection is fine, only mine that suffers :angry face: :mad:

-G~MAN

Reaction score
Ok try this> connect yours via Cable> and the others wireless that should do it, Thats what I do:thumb: but on the otherhand I dont play games, clean the others also with Crap cleaner;)

Reaction score
Modem cable> into router> slot 1 cable to PC 1> wireless > PC2 wireless>PC3

If the others work with wireless, it must be a problem with your connection, so with a cable there should not be?

Ask a Question