Slides advance on mouse over - do not want

Discussion in 'Microsoft Powerpoint' started by eholz1, Jun 3, 2010.

  1. eholz1

    eholz1 Guest

    Hello There,
    I have a ppt presentation that I got from someone else. The use for
    this ppt is
    as a kiosk slide show. All the slides are set for advance on mouse
    click only.

    The problem is: If I select a slide from the main menu (the first
    slide in the ppt).
    it navigate to the slide indicated by the hyperlink on the main menu.
    This is good.

    But.... If the slide that I am viewing has buttons (aka hyperlinks) if
    I leave the mouse over the hyperlink, or mouse over the hyperlinks on
    the slide (most any slide in this ppt), after a short while, the
    slideshow jumps back to the main menu without a mouse click, etc.

    Someone said that this app is set to "return to the main menu"
    automatically after 5 minutes, assuming no one has clicked or is
    clicking a hyperlink. Is there some way to
    set timing like this in the kiosk mode? This behavior happens even if
    I deselect the kiosk mode. This happens on desktop PCs as well as
    laptops.

    I am mystified - Thanks for places to check,

    eholz1

    eholz1, Jun 3, 2010

  2. eholz1

    Echo S Guest

    Yes, kiosk mode returns you to the main slide after 5 minutes of inactivity,
    but it's broken in a number of versions of PPT.

    Chirag Dalal has an add-in that lets you specify this time. I wonder if it
    was used on the presentation?
    http://officeone.mvps.org/kioskassist/kioskassist.html You might install it
    (it's a free add-in) and see if it allows you to change the reset timing.

    Or I guess it could be something with the "mouse over hyperlinks."
    Right-click one of the hyperlinks and choose Edit Hyperlink. Does it open
    the Action Settings dialog? If so, what are the settings specified there?

    Echo S, Jun 3, 2010