Shopping For CD/DVD Burner Software

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by Gary Brown, Dec 3, 2006.

  1. Gary Brown

    Gary Brown Guest

    Hi and Happy Holidays,

    What are the better CD/DVD burner programs now available?
    It need only do basics - MP3s, JPGs, data files, maybe copy
    audio CDs.

    I have Nero 5.5 and would rather try somewhere other than Ahead.

    Thanks,
    Gary
     
    Gary Brown, Dec 3, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertisements

  2. Gary Brown

    Rod Speed Guest

    Gary Brown <> wrote

    > What are the better CD/DVD burner programs now available?
    > It need only do basics - MP3s, JPGs, data files, maybe copy audio CDs.


    > I have Nero 5.5 and would rather try somewhere other than Ahead.


    I have always preferred Roxio Easy Media Creator over Nero.

    Much more intuitive user interface in my opinion.
     
    Rod Speed, Dec 3, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertisements

  3. Gary Brown

    Joel Guest

    "Gary Brown" <> wrote:

    > Hi and Happy Holidays,
    >
    > What are the better CD/DVD burner programs now available?
    > It need only do basics - MP3s, JPGs, data files, maybe copy
    > audio CDs.
    >
    > I have Nero 5.5 and would rather try somewhere other than Ahead.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Gary


    I don't think you will find anything better than other, cuz they suppose
    to do a pretty similar job.

    DATA, all you need to do is selecting DATA mode then Drag & Drop data to it
    and burn. I don't see any other would do much difference

    AUDIO, all you need to do is selecting Audio Mode, then again Drag & Drop
    audio format to it and you have a singing CD

    VIDEO, same thing just select the correct Video Mode then Drag & Drop Video
    Clips to it then you have moving image with noise.

    I wouldn't recommend any other cuz the chance that you will hate them all
    <bg>
     
    Joel, Dec 4, 2006
    #3
  4. Gary Brown

    Grinder Guest

    Joel wrote:
    > "Gary Brown" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Hi and Happy Holidays,
    >>
    >> What are the better CD/DVD burner programs now available?
    >> It need only do basics - MP3s, JPGs, data files, maybe copy
    >> audio CDs.
    >>
    >> I have Nero 5.5 and would rather try somewhere other than Ahead.
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> Gary

    >
    > I don't think you will find anything better than other, cuz they suppose
    > to do a pretty similar job.
    >
    > DATA, all you need to do is selecting DATA mode then Drag & Drop data to it
    > and burn. I don't see any other would do much difference
    >
    > AUDIO, all you need to do is selecting Audio Mode, then again Drag & Drop
    > audio format to it and you have a singing CD
    >
    > VIDEO, same thing just select the correct Video Mode then Drag & Drop Video
    > Clips to it then you have moving image with noise.
    >
    > I wouldn't recommend any other cuz the chance that you will hate them all
    > <bg>
    >


    It might be worth trying DeepBurner -- it's free for personal use.
     
    Grinder, Dec 4, 2006
    #4
  5. Gary Brown

    Joel Guest

    Grinder <> wrote:

    > Joel wrote:
    > > "Gary Brown" <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> Hi and Happy Holidays,
    > >>
    > >> What are the better CD/DVD burner programs now available?
    > >> It need only do basics - MP3s, JPGs, data files, maybe copy
    > >> audio CDs.
    > >>
    > >> I have Nero 5.5 and would rather try somewhere other than Ahead.
    > >>
    > >> Thanks,
    > >> Gary

    > >
    > > I don't think you will find anything better than other, cuz they suppose
    > > to do a pretty similar job.
    > >
    > > DATA, all you need to do is selecting DATA mode then Drag & Drop data to it
    > > and burn. I don't see any other would do much difference
    > >
    > > AUDIO, all you need to do is selecting Audio Mode, then again Drag & Drop
    > > audio format to it and you have a singing CD
    > >
    > > VIDEO, same thing just select the correct Video Mode then Drag & Drop Video
    > > Clips to it then you have moving image with noise.
    > >
    > > I wouldn't recommend any other cuz the chance that you will hate them all
    > > <bg>
    > >

    >
    > It might be worth trying DeepBurner -- it's free for personal use.


    But the problem that it may not do any different than other he already
    hated. So my point is

    - CDR (CD burner program) has been around for over decade, and most of them
    are pretty similar to each other. Or it's pretty much use_one_know_all
    programs

    - And instead of spending time trying to find thing to hate, I would suggest
    to use that valuable time to learn about what the program can do to enjoy it
    instead of hating it. And there are few to pick, if doesn't like one then
    just pick the other.. and it seems like right now Nero is the current most
    popular one (many can't find anything else to hate they turn to hate the
    newer version <bg>)
     
    Joel, Dec 4, 2006
    #5
    1. Advertisements

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Cyde Weys

    I'm in the market for a DVD burner ...

    Cyde Weys, Jun 23, 2003, in forum: Computer Hardware
    Replies:
    8
    Views:
    610
  2. Buck Turgidson

    DVD Burner Compatible with CD-ROM

    Buck Turgidson, Oct 3, 2003, in forum: Computer Hardware
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    174
  3. Gameface

    Best DVD format for the NEC 2510 DVD-Burner?

    Gameface, Jun 7, 2004, in forum: Computer Hardware
    Replies:
    18
    Views:
    329
    Psych
    Jun 14, 2004
  4. neo
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    216
  5. Man-wai Chang to The Door (33600bps)

    DVD burned at 8x by 24x burner not readable by older DVD burners

    Man-wai Chang to The Door (33600bps), Apr 23, 2010, in forum: Computer Hardware
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    586
    Man-wai Chang to The Door (33600bps)
    Apr 25, 2010
Loading...

Share This Page