Service Pack 1 License Key Encryption Problem

M-Ai

Problems have occured when installing Windows XP Serivce
Pack 1. I have followed the instructions regarding to the
Knowledge Base Article 328356.

When I run the command 'c:\xpsp1\update\update.exe -
s:c:\flat', the following message was shown:

Failed to copy some or all of the files necessary for
integrated install.

Please check that:
a) No network or copy errors occurred during the
integration process
b) The format of the destination directory is correct.
The files to be integrated must reside in an i386 and/or
ia64 or nec98 directory (i.e. for an i386 share, if you
typed "update /s:c:\cdshare", the files must be in the
c:\cdshare\i386 directory).

I have verified that none of the above situations were
the case.

M-Ai said:
Problems have occured when installing Windows XP Serivce
Pack 1. I have followed the instructions regarding to the
Knowledge Base Article 328356.

When I run the command 'c:\xpsp1\update\update.exe -
s:c:\flat', the following message was shown:

Failed to copy some or all of the files necessary for
integrated install.

Please check that:
a) No network or copy errors occurred during the
integration process
b) The format of the destination directory is correct.
The files to be integrated must reside in an i386 and/or
ia64 or nec98 directory (i.e. for an i386 share, if you
typed "update /s:c:\cdshare", the files must be in the
c:\cdshare\i386 directory).

I have verified that none of the above situations were
the case.

so are you saying that you have verified that you *do not* have a
c:\flat\i386 folder with the cd-i386 stuff in there?
In that case the error is justified.
You *should* have a i386 sub-folder in c:\flat in order to be able to
integrate the SP into the source.
You *should NOT* reference that i386 sub-folder in the command line (as you
correctly did) because the update procedure automatically assumes a i386
sub-folder to be present there.

so are you saying that you have verified that you *do not* have a
c:\flat\i386 folder with the cd-i386 stuff in there?
In that case the error is justified.
You *should* have a i386 sub-folder in c:\flat in order to be able to
integrate the SP into the source.
You *should NOT* reference that i386 sub-folder in the command line (as you
correctly did) because the update procedure automatically assumes a i386
sub-folder to be present there.
I do have the i386 sub-folder in c:\flat.

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello
Do you have a spslpsrn.log file in the \windows folder? I do not recall if
that log file existed in SP1 for slip-streaming or not.
I know that log file gets generated with SP2 when you create a slip-stream
installation.
What CD did you use to create the c:\flat folder?
Was it Windows XP Professional or was it Windows XP Home?
Was it Retail, OEM, Volume media?
When did you get the CD?
The media changed from RTM media to slip-stream media after SP1 shipped.
So it may be possible that the media you used to create c:\flat already has
SP1 in it already, which could be a reason for the error message.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

spslpsrn.log is nowhere to be found.
I did copy the i386 under c:\flat from XP Professional
from a retail. I don't recall exactly when I have bought
the CD but it's roughly 3 yrs ago!

From: "M-Ai" <[email protected]>
Sender: "M-Ai" <[email protected]>
Subject: Service Pack 1 License Key Encryption Problem
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 03:20:09 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.setup_deployment

Problems have occured when installing Windows XP Serivce
Pack 1. I have followed the instructions regarding to the
Knowledge Base Article 328356.

When I run the command 'c:\xpsp1\update\update.exe -
s:c:\flat', the following message was shown:

Failed to copy some or all of the files necessary for
integrated install.

Please check that:
a) No network or copy errors occurred during the
integration process
b) The format of the destination directory is correct.
The files to be integrated must reside in an i386 and/or
ia64 or nec98 directory (i.e. for an i386 share, if you
typed "update /s:c:\cdshare", the files must be in the
c:\cdshare\i386 directory).

I have verified that none of the above situations were
the case.

.

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello,
That time frame would have RTM media, not media that would have included
SP1 with it. That is a around the timeframe that we shipped Windows XP.
So have you made any changes to the flat, added in any drivers, hotfixes,
security updates?
What OS are you running under when you try to slip-stream?
From the c:\flat can you do a:
dir /ON /S >filelist.txt.
Then send me that file in email.
remove the online from the email address.
I am wondering if all the subdirectories and files under i386 from the CD
were copied correctly to the c:\flat folder.
It almost sounds like there are some missing files or folders.
Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]