Server Error: cannot rename....

David Socher

For 6 months my wife has been using FP2002 to upload her
webpage to a Comcast server. Just recently she is getting
an error message. SERVER ERROR: CANNOT RENAME ".PCSSD
CALENDAR 70.JPG.TMP". This is happening all the time now
with many different file names. I don't know if the
problem is with Comcast, Frontpage or her. The first time
it happened, I deleted her entire webpage from the Comcast
server and reloaded it. That worked for a while but
tonight the error message came back when she tried to
update the page. Reloading the entire website only changed
the filenames that cause the error message. Does anyone
know what's going on here?

Hmmmm - I have heard of similar problems when the server hosting the site has upgraded from Windows 2000 Server to Windows Server 2003. If this is the case, there are some MS patches for the server administrator that may fix the problem - or maybe the server administrator can move your site back to a Win2k server

Are you sending updated pages via FTP - or - are you opening the actuall website online (ie. http://www.yourdomain.com), making your changes, thrn just clicking save

The best way to maintain a FrontPage site is to work with a local copy of the website on your hard drive and publishing the changes to http://www.yourdomain.com

Stefan B Rusynko

Do you have a file in you web named:
.PCSSD CALENDAR 70.JPG
If so FP does not support files starting w/ a dot (.)
- also remove all spaces from file / folder names

--

| For 6 months my wife has been using FP2002 to upload her
| webpage to a Comcast server. Just recently she is getting
| an error message. SERVER ERROR: CANNOT RENAME ".PCSSD
| CALENDAR 70.JPG.TMP". This is happening all the time now
| with many different file names. I don't know if the
| problem is with Comcast, Frontpage or her. The first time
| it happened, I deleted her entire webpage from the Comcast
| server and reloaded it. That worked for a while but
| tonight the error message came back when she tried to
| update the page. Reloading the entire website only changed
| the filenames that cause the error message. Does anyone
| know what's going on here?

David Socher

I maintain the website locally, then upload the changes t
o the Comcast server. It has worked well for 6 months but
is causing all kinds of frustration now. I have no idea
how to contact Comcast for tec support.
Hmmmm - I have heard of similar problems when the server
hosting the site has upgraded from Windows 2000 Server to
Windows Server 2003. If this is the case, there are some
MS patches for the server administrator that may fix the
problem - or maybe the server administrator can move your
site back to a Win2k server.
Are you sending updated pages via FTP - or - are you
opening the actuall website online (ie.
http://www.yourdomain.com), making your changes, thrn just
clicking save?
The best way to maintain a FrontPage site is to work with
a local copy of the website on your hard drive and
publishing the changes to http://www.yourdomain.com

David Socher

There are no files starting with a dot (.). This message
pops up on many different filenames. most have been .jpg
files, but now it's doing it to .htm files as well. We are
currently working on the theory that the webpage has
exceed the Comcast 25 meg storage limit and that Comcast
is refusing to take the extra files. We are scaling back
the size of the webpage to see what happens.
If so FP does not support files starting w/ a dot (.)
- also remove all spaces from file / folder names

--

"David Socher" <[email protected]>
wrote in message [email protected]...

Crash Gordon

i had a problem like that with linux server. the server dood increased my storage limit and all was right with the world again.