Security

Pls help

I am using Window XP home edition and internet explorer 6.0 just bougt from
Dell. There are many sites I cannot view. The message says "you are about to
view pages over a secure connection. Any information you exchange with this
site cannot be viewed by anyone else on the web." I click "OK". Then the the
error message says"The page cannot be displayed".

The sites can be viewed by my older PC.
Please help. Many many thanks!

Dan

Is Windows XP Home edition fully updated via Windows Update? Also, imo 98SE
was the best operating system out there and can be made even more secure than
XP PRO. because it has less entry points -- aka less services running, is
generally ignored by hackers who are trying to hack 2000, XP Home and
especially XP PRO, runs with a 486 computer!!!! even though I suggest at
least a Pentium 1, etc.

<TK2404> wrote in message
: Pls help
:
: I am using Window XP home edition and internet explorer 6.0 just bougt from
: Dell. There are many sites I cannot view. The message says "you are about
: view pages over a secure connection. Any information you exchange with this
: site cannot be viewed by anyone else on the web." I click "OK". Then the
the
: error message says"The page cannot be displayed".
:
: The sites can be viewed by my older PC.
: Please help. Many many thanks!
:
: --
: TK2404