scrolling mouse

Yesterday I installed IE7 and since then, when I use the scroll wheel on my
mouse the screen scrolls by itself, either up or down, depending which way I
have scrolled. This has never happened before. Is this related to the
installation of IE7? I use OE for email and this does not happen when I
use the scroll wheel on my emails - only on web pages.

Don Varnau

Hi,
In Internet Options> Advanced> Browsing, try "Use smooth scrolling" both
checked and unchecked.

Then, if necessary, visit the mouse manufacturer's website to search for
updated drivers.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

LyndaJ said:
Yesterday I installed IE7 and since then, when I use the scroll wheel on my
mouse the screen scrolls by itself, either up or down, depending which way I
have scrolled. This has never happened before. Is this related to the
installation of IE7? I use OE for email and this does not happen when I
use the scroll wheel on my emails - only on web pages.

Tried unchecking "use smooth scrolling" and the problem remained, so I put it back as it was. It is just strange that this happened with the installation of IE7.
Wonder if there is any connection? ? Also, the wheel tab is and has been
set to scroll 3 lines at a time. So I did check that also.

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM

LyndaJ said:
Yesterday I installed IE7 and since then, when I use the scroll wheel
on my
mouse the screen scrolls by itself, either up or down, depending which way I
have scrolled. This has never happened before. Is this related to
the
installation of IE7? I use OE for email and this does not happen
when I
use the scroll wheel on my emails - only on web pages.

Tried unchecking "use smooth scrolling" and the problem remained, so I
put it back as it was. It is just strange that this happened with the
installation of IE7.
Wonder if there is any connection? ? Also, the wheel tab is and has been
set to scroll 3 lines at a time. So I did check that also.

Logitech mouse?

Frank Saunders said:

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Still need help on this. I have a microsoft intellimouse - optical.
When the screen scrolls by itself it moves up or down a little, pauses for a fraction of a second and then moves again, and again, until it either reaches the top or bottom of the screen.

I'm having the same problem since installing IE7. NOT HAPPY AT ALL ABOUT
THIS!!! I am anxious to find a solution. (stupid upgrades)

LyndaJ said:
Frank Saunders said:
LyndaJ said:
:

[...]

Thanks for finding the solution LyndaJ. I have a Logitech mouse and I was
having the same problem but only with IE7. Netscape and FireFox did not keep
scrolling. My symptom was four extra lines for each click of the mouse wheel
either up or down. It was extremely annoying. My wife likes to use IE but I
prefer FoxFire although there are features of IE that I do like better.
Thanks again.
Wizkid1208

LyndaJ said:
This is how I fixed it : go to Control Panel, Mouse, Buttons -
On the Buttons screen, put a check in "use MS office compatible scroll" and
also in "scroll in active window only".
Hope that will fix it for you!

pbabbidge said:
I'm having the same problem since installing IE7. NOT HAPPY AT ALL ABOUT
THIS!!! I am anxious to find a solution. (stupid upgrades)

LyndaJ said:
:

:

[...]

I had this problem too - went to Logitech.com and re-installed the mouseware.
Must be an updated driver. All is well now THANK GOODNESS - talk about
annoying. Hope it helps everyone else too.
Donna