Same Security Update Q811493 Downloading Daily

JonE

I have the same security update Q811493 downloading
everyday via automatic update. When prompted to install,
the installation seems to be completed, but then the next
morning the same update has been downloaded and is ready
to install again. Using Add/Remove Programs I can see
that a Windows 2000 HotFix Q811493 was previously
installed. I tried uninstalling this HotFix so that I
could reinstall the patch, which crashed my whole system
and I ended up having to repair my Win200 installation.
Any suggestions on how to stop this duplicate downloading?

Thanks,

Jon

Bill Peele [MS]

--------------------
From: "JonE" <[email protected]>
Subject: Same Security Update Q811493 Downloading Daily
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2004 08:16:04 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.windows_update

--

Jon,

A problem was found with the updates detection code. This has been resolve and the new package is schedule to put on
the servers next Tuesday. The Windows files in the update have not changed. After next Tuesday you should hopefully
not see this re-offered again if you already have it installed.

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.

JonE

Thanks Bill!

[...]

newsgroup/thread

jkantner

I have the same symptom. The salient line from the
install log file appears to be:
"VerifySize: Unable to verify size: Source = NULL:
d:\winnt\oem9.cat"
Is this the same problem that will be addressed in the
09Mar2004 update? machine in question here is HP Pavilion
running W2K/SP3.
--Jeff