Run Command Lost from Start Menu

G

In my main profile under Windows XP Home Edition the Run Command no longer appears. When I press the "Window" key next to CTRL and "R" to execute the Run Command I get the following error message.

"This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator"

All the other profiles have the Run Command in the Start Menu.

When I try to customize the Start Menu from the task bar Properties, the check box appears on the list for all profiles except our main profile.

Any suggestions on how to restore the Run Command to this Profile's Start Menu?

R

Ramesh [MVP]

Willard,

Open Registry Editor (Regedit) and navigate to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

Set NoRun to 0

Do the same here, if the 'NoRun' value exists here:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

Reboot.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

Windows 2000 Group Policy Registry Table:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en-us/gp/gpref.asp

In my main profile under Windows XP Home Edition the Run Command no longer appears. When I press the "Window" key next to CTRL and "R" to execute the Run Command I get the following error message.

"This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator"

All the other profiles have the Run Command in the Start Menu.

When I try to customize the Start Menu from the task bar Properties, the check box appears on the list for all profiles except our main profile.

Any suggestions on how to restore the Run Command to this Profile's Start Menu?

Ask a Question