Run a program all the time as admin

G

Hi I have windows XP Pro and two logins one that is a limited account and the other is an admin account. I've found that certain program will not run in a limited account. I can use the "run as" but I don't want to give the password and the rights to the users of the limited account. Is there a way that I can setup the progams to always run under the admin account with out the user know the password or being asked all the time?

Thank you for your Time & help!
Josh

D

Doug Knox MS-MVP

If you use the Command Line RUNAS tool, you can use the /SAVECRED switch, but this saves the credentials machine wide, not just for that program.

Alternatively, try to determine what file/folder/registry entries the program is having trouble with, when run as a Limited User and adjust the security permissions accordingly.

G

Hi,

I have had a similar problem, I tried setting permissions, etc, but there must he something I've overlooked, is there a utility that can report on files, reg entries etc that a program may use?

Regards

Ask a Question