Routing Failed

Extreme

I have been able to route faxes to the printer in the past.

On my new server i have set it up to route the incoming faxes to the
printer the same way that it wirked in the past, however i keep
getting routing failed items in the incoming box.

I can print fine from any aplication including right-clicking on the
received fax and selecting print. It seems like it just wont print it
off automatically.

Any help would be greatly appericated

Thanks in advance

Ken

Bob Qin [MSFT]

Hi Ken,

Thanks for your posting here.

I would like to recommend that you refer to the following article to set
the configuration.

227194 How To Configure Windows 2000 to Send and Receive Faxes
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=227194

If the problem still persists, please let me know the following information.

1 What is the detailed error message you got?
2 Is there any related error message in Event logs?

Have a nice day!

Regards,
Bob Qin
Microsoft Online Partner Support

From: Extreme <[email protected]>
Subject: Routing Failed
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 14:54:53 -0600
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.fax

I have been able to route faxes to the printer in the past.

On my new server i have set it up to route the incoming faxes to the
printer the same way that it wirked in the past, however i keep
getting routing failed items in the incoming box.

I can print fine from any aplication including right-clicking on the
received fax and selecting print. It seems like it just wont print it
off automatically.

Any help would be greatly appericated

Thanks in advance

Ken

Extreme

Thanks Bob for the reply.

It turns out that the problem was related to print to an i print
printer reather that to an ndps printer.

However thanks for taking the time to post to my reply

Ken

Bob Qin [MSFT]

Thank you for taking time to let us know the result.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to post
here. It is our pleasure to be of assistance.

Best regards,

From: Extreme <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Routing Failed
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 12:17:49 -0600
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.fax

Thanks Bob for the reply.

It turns out that the problem was related to print to an i print
printer reather that to an ndps printer.

However thanks for taking the time to post to my reply

Ken

Extreme

Hey Bob

I do have one question is there a service that runs that allows the
fax service to print files when they are received. I have fixed the
problem with the routing failed but the faxes arent getting sent to
the printer but i can print of a fax or anything else for that matter

Bob Qin [MSFT]

Hi Extreme,

You can set the destination for a received fax in "Fax Service Management".
The destination for a received fax can be a printer, a folder, or an e-mail
recipient. To set the destination for a received fax, please refer to the
following documents.

301200 HOW TO: How to Install and Configure Fax Services on Windows 2000
Server
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=301200

Thank you again for using our newsgroup!