    - WHEN THE PRINTER IS A SHARED PRINTER ON THE NET, THE PRINT ROUTING FOR
    INCOMING FAX DON'T WORK (I've this message: Routing failed)

    Why?

    Guest, Dec 9, 2004

  2. I guess this has got something to do with permissions on the network
    printer. Please make sure 'Network Service' account on the fax server has
    'Print' permission on the printer - one sure shot way to do this would be to
    give 'Print' permission to Everyone. If this works we at least know what the
    issue is. Then you can tighten the security as much as you want.

    If this doesn't work, please check the event log (Start > Control Panel
    (classic view) > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer) & give us the event
    log details.

    --
    Raghavendra R
    purposes only.'

    Raghavendra R [MSFT], Dec 10, 2004

    iNcOgNiTo

    Joined:
    Sep 23, 2005
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    ok same problem with 2003 enterprise..fax comes in and it tries to print itself to another 2003 machine with printer on it.after some time it says routing failed but i can normally print ther manually.here is the c/p of event viewer log

    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Microsoft Fax
    Event Category: Inbound
    Event ID: 32003
    Date: 23.09.2005.
    Time: 9:59:05
    User: N/A
    Computer: SERVER
    Unable to print C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows NT\MSFax\Queue\1C5C0132729F5.tif to \\INFORMATIVA\LexmarkE. There is a problem with the connection to printer \\INFORMATIVA\LexmarkE. Check the connection to the printer and resolve any problems.
    The following error occurred: 0x00000000.
    This error code indicates the cause of the error.

    Event Type: Error
    Event Source: Microsoft Fax
    Event Category: Inbound
    Event ID: 32089
    Date: 23.09.2005.
    Time: 9:59:05
    User: N/A
    Computer: SERVER
    The Fax Service failed to execute a specific routing method. The service will retry to route the fax according to the retries configuration. If the retries fail, verify routing method configuration.
    Job ID: 0x0401c5c0132729f5.
    Received on Device: 'Intel V92 External Modem'
    Sent from: '+38520311983'
    Received file name: 'C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows NT\MSFax\Queue\1C5C0132729F5.tif'.
    Routing extension name: 'Microsoft Routing Extension'
    Routing method name: 'Print'

    any help would be really great....i've searched tne net up and down and nothing helped so far

    iNcOgNiTo, Sep 23, 2005