Windows Vista Restore the deleted "programs" folder?

Reaction score
Is there any way to restore the deleted "programs" folder from the vista start menu? I deleted it because it was just a duplicate of everything already in the start menu.

Now most of the shortcuts from my start menu have disappeared and also I can't access "Administrative Tools" in control panel.

I tried system restore to previous day but didn't work, then tried restoring to a point week back but no luck either.

i tried "Repair" of some of the programs from "Programs & Features" in control panel and they do appeared in start menu but then not all the programs have this "Repair" options in "Programs & Features".

Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated because I tried many forums but didn't get any help to resolve this and hope to get solution here.

Thanks in advance.

- Ramesh

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
ramesh_samane said:
Is there any way to restore the deleted "programs" folder from the vista start menu? I deleted it because it was just a duplicate of everything already in the start menu.

Now most of the shortcuts from my start menu have disappeared and also I can't access "Administrative Tools" in control panel.

I tried system restore to previous day but didn't work, then tried restoring to a point week back but no luck either.

i tried "Repair" of some of the programs from "Programs & Features" in control panel and they do appeared in start menu but then not all the programs have this "Repair" options in "Programs & Features".

Any help in this regard will be highly appreciated because I tried many forums but didn't get any help to resolve this and hope to get solution here.

Thanks in advance.

- Ramesh

You would be better of starting a new thread for your question as it is a specific question rather than your view on using Vista.

happywave.gif

Reaction score
I really wanted to start new thread but am not able to so and getting error that I am not authorized to post question till my membership is approved.

Ask a Question