From: (e-mail address removed)
To: (e-mail address removed) ; (e-mail address removed)
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2003 6:41 PM
Subject: Fwd: Work or Prison?

Dear Microsoft Systems Support Tech(s),

I need your help! After down-loading &
installing one or more of Msoft's upgrades, my computer
has stopped being capable of opening attachments to my e-
mails - which it used to be able to do on it's own.

Instead of just double-clicking on the paperclip
icon to the left of the e-mail listing, now I get a pop-up
list of operating programs - of which I must choose from -
to open my attachment.

Here's the kicker. if I choose the wrong program
to open my e-mail attachment, then, that attachment
becomes un-retrievable. The program locks into the
attachment - making it incapable of being opened by any of
the other programs on the 'open-with' program list. I am
attaching a copy of this 'Open-With Program List' so you
can see / try doing - what I'm talking about.

My Question: How do I correct this problem? I would like
to go back to being able to double-click on the paperclip
icon - and avoid selecting the 'Open With' stuff.

Please advise. Thanks in advance for your help.

Best Regards, John Willems
(e-mail address removed)

P.S. I'm sorry, but the 'Open With' programs list would
not transfer using the paste tool.
So, I will just give you a partial list of what these
programs are: They are all proceeded by their icons,

ACCWIZ; AcroRd32; AIM; DRWATSON; Explorer;

iexplore; PHOTOSHP; NOTEPAD; OMNIPAGE; ...

There are many more to choose from... I can type out a
complete listing FYI, but that seems a little much. From
these, you can probably see that the options I have to
choose from are operating programs found in my DESKTOP
program. I hope this provides enough info to advise on a
fix. Thank you in advance for all of your help.

PS: My wife's sister-in-law has also sent some pics of her
brand new baby that she's been un-able to open - so your
help would be appreciacte by her also. Best Regards, John

Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]

John, this newsgroup is for support of Outlook
97/98/2000/2002/2003(beta) from the Office suite of products. Outlook
Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name. For
help with your OE questions, try an OE newsgroup such as
microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress, or an OE help
website such as http://insideOE.tomsterdam.com. If you're accessing the
Microsoft newsgroups through the MS Product Support Services "Community
Newsgroups" web interface, you can find the Outlook Express 6 group
mentioned above under Internet Technologies, then Internet Explorer 6.0
(just click the Outlook Express link). Good luck!

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

*** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered --
please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***