removing a sign in address

Adam

When I sign in to Messenger, I get a drop down list of email addresses. I
want to remove my pop 3 address from that list and just keep my hotmail
addresses. How do I do that?

Thanks
Adam

Gary Tsang

Hi,

Go to your Start -> Control Panel -> User Accounts.
Once the User Accounts window appears click on the Advanced Tab.

This will then bring you to a Passwords and .NET Passports.
Click on the Manage Password button, and then you'll see all the users who
Logged into MSN Messenger.
Now feel free to delete the names/accounts that you don't want to see on the
Login history of Messenger.

Jonathan Kay [MVP]

Greetings Adam,

You can remove Passports in the sign in list by clicking the Start Button, then click the
Control Panel. Then, click User Accounts in the Control Panel. Select your account name, and
then on the left side of the screen, under Related Tasks, click 'Manage my Network
Passwords'. In the window that opens, you can remove accounts by clicking the passport you
wish to delete [denoted by (Passport)], and then click the 'Remove' button.

For more detailed instructions and screenshots on this procedure, see here:
http://messenger.jonathankay.com/problem.aspx?ID=2
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

Adam

Hi Gary & Jonathan

Thanks for your input. Still hasn't solved the problem. I did as you
suggested.

In my "Stored User Names and Passwords, I have 2 passport addresses which I
want to keep, and a "dialup session".
I deleted the "dialup session" but it comes back whenever I log on to the
internet.

What I want to achieve is just to have my passport addresses in the
messenger sign in screen and NOT my dial up connection.

Any more suggestions would be really appreciated.

All the best to both of you
Adam

Adam said:
When I sign in to Messenger, I get a drop down list of email addresses. I
want to remove my pop 3 address from that list and just keep my hotmail
addresses. How do I do that?

Thanks
Adam

Jonathan Kay [MVP]

Hi Adam,

I see now -- you can't just have Passport addresses in the list, you can remove it but it
will simply come back the next time you logon.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

Adam said:
When I sign in to Messenger, I get a drop down list of email addresses. I
want to remove my pop 3 address from that list and just keep my hotmail
addresses. How do I do that?

Thanks
Adam

Adam

Thank you ;-)

"Adam" <spurs1chelsea6ath*tm*ildotcom> wrote in message
When I sign in to Messenger, I get a drop down list of email
addresses.
want to remove my pop 3 address from that list and just keep my hotmail
addresses. How do I do that?

Thanks
Adam

Jonathan Kay [MVP]

Hi Adam,

You're welcome (although I didn't really help) =)
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

Adam said:
Thank you ;-)

Adam said:
[...]

Hi Jonathan

You did help. As theres nothing i can do about it, (which I didn't know) I
dont need to try and "fix" it. ;-)

Adam
Jonathan Kay said:
Hi Adam,

You're welcome (although I didn't really help) =)
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

Adam said:
Thank you ;-)
Jonathan Kay said:
[...]

I suppose =)
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

Jonathan Kay said:
Hi Adam,

You're welcome (although I didn't really help) =)
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

Adam said:
Thank you ;-)
[...]