Reformatting Problem

Reaction score
Im having a problem getting my windows to start after reformatting. I just reformatted my Dell Deminsion 4550 (Windows XP Home) After the installation is complete I get a the message saying "your computer will restart in 15 seconds, or Press Enter to restart now. Windows will continue installation after restart" After my computer restarts I see the Dell Bootup screen with the Blue Dell Logo... then the screen turns black and restarts again. It keeps on restarting... I have no clue what to do now...

Thanks for the help,

Mike

Cache-man

Wannabe Webmaster
Reaction score
The installation does have to restart a few times but it should stop after a few times and boot into the OS.
If it keeps restarting and not booting, then you may have done something wrong during the installation. I would try re-re-formatting and starting the install again, paying carefull attention to all of the options available during the install.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
You have a Hardware/Software conflict ...

Are you using a "Shop bought" XP CD or Dell's own Recovery/Restore CD?

Reaction score
I'm using Dell's own Recovery/Restore CD.

Does this mean I need to buy a new Windows XP Disk?

Last edited:

Ask a Question