re-vamp the retailers ratings!

Kye

Reaction score
well...not as much a re-vamp. this is the only site ive ever seen with this feature. but, some of the posts are very, very old. it would be nice too know how good those sites are since the last time some people had posted a comment about them.

also, PC World is no longer selling components. it has its own components site, which has kinda slightly competative prices, but totally reliable from what experiences i have had with the site.
change PC World too "PC World Components Centre"

http://www.pcwcomponentcentre.co.uk/icat/home

thank you. even if its not done but considered.
Kye

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'll do a big re-vamp over the weekend, and make the section more visable. Do you have any other suggestions for the section?

Kye

Reaction score
nothing i can think of! peoples opinions being up too date is probably the most importent. march 2002 was the last post for overclockers.co.uk...and they might of changed significantly over the past since then too the present.
thank you though. its a great feature! im even tempted too buy from another site just too test its reliability and then make the best worthwhile comments i can about the site :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I don't think it's a good idea to delete everything on there. As things are, if people add more comments about their purchasing experiences, that forum section will serve as a good database on a company's history.

Could be quite interesting, even, to see if any of them have become better or worse.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've added some more retailers on there, and I will continue to re-vamp that section today. As Floppy says though, I don't think its a good idea to get rid of the old comments - as they are still just as valid :)

Reaction score
I do, however, think that if a company has changed, people will go to the earliest comments and just read the one at the top therefore getting a false interpretation of how good a company is to deal with at present...

Maybe a different layout??

just a thought

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Reversing the order is a good idea, I will see how I can solve that one.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm working on this section even more over this weekend, and each weekend I will concentrate on a new part of the site. Let me know any more ideas you have for this section and I will try to get it done before tomorrow :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Reverse order sounds like a good idea - if you can figure out how to do it within Vb. Good luck :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Reverse order is on the list to figure out today :) I spent 4 hours yesterday getting little bits done, like adding proper back buttons on the Nav Menu, and adding a proper comments button etc... :)

The aim is to get one section working at 100% each weekend :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Could you please delete all my posts about Aria please, i want to start again.
Sure :) I saw you had 3 posted!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Could you please delete all my posts about Aria please, i want to start again.
I'm assuming that's because they're all positive?

When you think about it, if everybody was able to delete all their positive comments as soon as a supplier upset us one way or another, we'd have nothing but negative comments about every single supplier out there, most likely.

I think it should be mandatory for all posted valid comments to remain in the database. That way a fair representation is formed.

I posted something positive about Redstore, for gawd's sake, but now after some decidedly awful dealings with them, I'll never, ever, use them again. They are bad. But still I'll let my initial, positive impression of them stand.

I've had hiccups with just about every online supplier that I use. It happens. They change staff. Some get better, some get worse.

I still think that a supplier's history will give visitors to this site a mostly fair representation of a supplier's track record.

So, I say let all comments stand. A member can always post saying they've changed their mind, after all.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've only deleted your comments Chris as they were all posted in such a short space of time conflicting eachother, if you want to post one from now on and your opinions change, just wait a while and post an update.

Floppy is spot on there, as some companies really do change completely within a year or two. I just hope there is one good retailer out there :D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Re-Vamp is on its way, I'm re-arranging it a bit for the new site to get some more information up on the listings, as well as a bigger range of retailers.

After the Microland Technology fiasco, I'll also link to some comon sense advice and Muck's advice article so people will be sure to see them!

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear Ian

I think you make some very good suggestions in your post above re: MT and lessons/support to share with others (29 January @ 08:05pm). Sometimes the threads get so long (albeit valid) that it is hard to see the wood for the trees (especially if you are frightened to death that you have lost goods/money etc....).

Just a thought.

Gabriella x

Ask a Question