'The current identity does not have write access to Temporary Asp.netFiles

Discussion in 'Microsoft ASP .NET' started by vinod singh, Jul 22, 2010.

  1. vinod singh

    vinod singh Guest

    Thank You very much. You solved my problem

    Karthikeyan Bala wrote:

    Solution for 'The current identity does not have write access to Temporary Asp.net Files
    10-Mar-09

    you should install follwing exe using cmd prompt like below cmd

    C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\V2.00 aspnet_regiis.exe -i

    On Tuesday, November 06, 2007 4:16 PM
    SandpointGu wrote:

    ASPNET does not have write access ... tried everything?
    Yesterday I was working with an asp.net 2.0 app. Today is a nightmare - I
    can only get a "The current identity (LLCA1-ITE51218\ASPNET) does not have
    write access to 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary
    ASP.NET Files'" message. Ive reinstalled the mappings (aspnet_regiis), Ive
    rebooted more than once, relaxed ntfs permissions massively on the site and
    folder noted in the email above. Created a basic project with no mods to the
    aspx or anything else. The ASPNET account itself looks good. Searched on
    the internet like crazy, trying some of this and that - nothing is work.

    If there is one good thing, vs.net 2003 is working fine.

    No idea what caused this, but its starting to hurt. Any ideas, anything I
    might be missing? Thanks a lot!

    On Tuesday, November 06, 2007 4:20 PM
    sloan wrote:

    You're not using impersonation are you? in the web.config file?
    You're not using impersonation are you? in the web.config file?

    On Tuesday, November 06, 2007 4:25 PM
    pbromber wrote:

    you need to enable "full" permission for the ASPNET account on the folder you
    you need to enable "full" permission for the ASPNET account on the folder you
    specified in your post - the Temporary folder at
    'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary
    ASP.NET Files'

    Obviously, *something* has been changed on your machine.

    Just right click on the folder in Windows Explorer. Choose Properties, then
    Security, and make sure the user is in the list. If not, add it in and give
    it Full control You might also need to add the IUsr_<yourmachine> account,
    and / or the IIS_WPG account depending on your OS.
    -- Peter
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com

    "SandpointGuy" wrote:

    On Tuesday, November 06, 2007 4:36 PM
    SandpointGu wrote:

    Thanks Peter. Eggheadcafe is a great site.
    Thanks Peter. Eggheadcafe is a great site. Ive still got a link to "Build a
    C# WebSite Monitor with Email and MSN Messenger Notification"

    Gave ASPNET and NETWORK SERVICE full.
    The only "different" thing I can think of is that when I logged in this
    morning I had my smartcard plugged in; I didnt yesterday. One of the things
    I did was to remove
    it and shut down.
    Ive added IUR and Everyone, giving them full. Methinks Im trying too many
    desperate things.

    XP Pro.

    "Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]" wrote:

    On Tuesday, November 06, 2007 4:50 PM
    SandpointGu wrote:

    Re: ASPNET does not have write access ... tried everything?
    Nope, windows (we use iis integrated security)

    "sloan" wrote:

    On Tuesday, November 06, 2007 4:57 PM
    pbromber wrote:

    Yup, been there!
    Yup, been there! You're welcome.
    Peter
    --
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com

    "SandpointGuy" wrote:

    On Tuesday, November 06, 2007 5:16 PM
    sloan wrote:

    that stinks. (your entire situation)One time I had some weirdo issue.
    that stinks. (your entire situation)

    One time I had some weirdo issue.

    I think I :

    Uninstalled IIS. ( Add Remove / Windows Components )
    Rebooted.
    Installed IIS.
    Rebooted.
    Installed SP's. (again)
    Rebooted.

    did the aspnet_regiis thingy dingy.

    I don't remember exactly why, I can just remember doing it.

    "SandpointGuy" <> wrote in message

    On Tuesday, November 06, 2007 5:59 PM
    Juan T. Llibre wrote:

    Please review this KB...
    Please review this KB...and see if anything looks different on your server :

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317012

    You haven't mentioned the OS version and IIS version you're running.
    Which are they ?

    Knowing which OS and IIS version you're running may help determine the fix.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    foros de asp.net, en espa?ol : http://asp.net.do/foros/
    ======================================
    "SandpointGuy" <> wrote in message

    On Tuesday, November 06, 2007 6:38 PM
    SandpointGu wrote:

    XP Pro, IIS 5.1.Target will be w2k3, an earlier version is there now."Juan T.
    XP Pro, IIS 5.1.

    Target will be w2k3, an earlier version is there now.

    "Juan T. Llibre" wrote:

    On Tuesday, November 06, 2007 8:51 PM
    Juan T. Llibre wrote:

    Re: ASPNET does not have write access ... tried everything?
    You mentioned this, earlier... :

    !> Nope, windows (we use iis integrated security)

    Are you sure ?

    Please copy this script as identity.aspx, and run it...

    identity.aspx :
    --------------------
    <%@ Page Language="VB" %>
    <%@ Import NameSpace = System.Security.Principal %>
    <script runat="server">
    Sub Page_Load()
    Dim tmp As String = WindowsIdentity.GetCurrent.Name()
    Label1.Text = "ASP.NET is running as the account : " & tmp
    End Sub
    </script>
    <head>
    <title>What account is ASP.NET running as ?</title>
    </head>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">
    <asp:Label ID="Label1" Runat="server" Text="Label"></asp:Label>
    </form>
    --------------

    Please post back the identity reported by that script.

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    foros de asp.net, en espa?ol : http://asp.net.do/foros/
    ======================================
    "SandpointGuy" <> wrote in message

    On Monday, March 09, 2009 9:58 AM
    Karthikeyan Bala wrote:

    solution for 'The current identity does not have write access to 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files'.The current identity does not have write access to 'C:\WINDOWS\
    you should intall this exe aspnet_regiis.exe -i using cmd prompt using below steps:

    aspnet_regiis.exe -i

    aspnet_regiis.exe -i

    On Tuesday, March 10, 2009 1:09 AM
    Karthikeyan Bala wrote:

    Solution for 'The current identity does not have write access to Temporary Asp.net Files
    you should install follwing exe using cmd prompt like below cmd

    C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\V2.00 aspnet_regiis.exe -i

    On Saturday, March 20, 2010 6:25 AM
    kandra hembram wrote:

    thanks
    Thank u friend, You have solved my problem

    Six Free Visual Studio 2010 MSDN Memberships Giveaway
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...al-studio-2010-msdn-memberships-giveaway.aspx

    vinod singh, Jul 22, 2010