QuickTime

TrippleZero

I, like probably 99.9% of all computer users, are burdened
with having Apple Quicktime on my computer. As with many
programs, Quicktime has a startup program (QTTask.exe).
Unlike many users, I disable most of these totally useless
startup items. Every time I disable qttask.exe in the
MSCONFIG startup menu, five minutes later, MICROSOFT
ANTISPY approves its readdition into the startup menu,
after my removal of it from this list and with absolutely
NO promt. It's becoming quite tiresome. Does anyone have
any suggestions?

JoeM

HA that will not work when ever you open QuickTime it will put itself back
in the startup. It will put itself back in the startup if you play a
QuickTime file in IE or open the player manually. The only way to stop this
poorly written apple product is to uninstall it.

TrippleZero

Actually... I got sick of it. I went into the application
folder to snoop around. QTTask.exe is not REQUIRED to run
QT... So I just deleted it, lol. QT still works and I'm
done with that damned QTTASK!

Angry American

Or you can use QuickTime Alternate. Plays QuickTime files, without the
resource drain.

While your there, grab Real Player Alternate, they both work great.

Dan

Andre said:
It was just a suggestion.

in message
HA that will not work when ever you open QuickTime it will put
itself back in the startup. It will put itself back in the startup
if you play a QuickTime file in IE or open the player manually. The
only way to stop this poorly written apple product is to uninstall
it. "Andre Da Costa" wrote in message
Open Control Panel > Quicktime > under Browser Plug-in uncheck
"QuickTime system tray icon"
--
Andre
Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com