Psd99 Upgrading

Reaction score
thanks well im gona have to get it
so i will give it a go!

ne ideas on dB levels for their fans?

quite confusing right now but im hoping to sort out my other pc first, then sell a few bits and bobs to raise some cash then ima look deeply into this great system!

Reaction score
well my current cpu fan in silent mode is 20db
now that is so sweet
i cant even notice its there

in normal mode its 25dB u can hear it then!

i think i mite pay a visit to my local pc shop lol just to see how loud it is in full operation!

do u think this fan would change according to what i do? ie if im playing a game it wont go faster will it?

also i just thgt that theres gona be a fan on my gfx! ne ideas how this ones gona be like? ne ideas on a fanless gfx or is that not worth it?

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Chris Postill speaks the truth - my new rig uses the stock AMD fan and its barely audible with the case open, never mind closed...:thumb:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Sorry psd you've lost me - what exactly are we checking in that thread :confused:

Reaction score
Adywebb said:
Sorry psd you've lost me - what exactly are we checking in that thread :confused:

the measures the guy is going to to build a SILENT SYSTEM

which is one of my main specifications! :)

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
You crack me up PSD....:D

Do you know the best way to a silent pc and only costs £1.29

A pair of Earplugs....:D

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
psd99 said:

Personally I think that Guy is bordering on the obsessive - can't see what the issue is with the odd decibel here and there...:rolleyes:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
psd99 said:

Stick it in the outhouse ... rip out all the fans ... use Water cooling (even they use fans :rolleyes: ) ... use liquid notro ...

... and you want ALL this for under £400.

:D :D :D ROTFLMAO :D :D :D

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
PSD99

Take the advice which has already been given in part here...Use the stock CPU fan as they are barely audible and do a fantastic job of keeping the CPU nice and cool...

You don't need an SLi board as your not gonna use 2 GC'S listen to what Chris is telling you and spend the extra on faster CPU.....;)

If your going to get another PSU then make it the Hiper 580watt Modular silentcool already mentioned on here by chris as this fan is bloody silent..I mean it you won't hear a thing, honest...

And lastly get yourself 2 Zalman 120mm case fans as these run virtually silent, they cost a bit more than usual but you get what you pay for...

This concludes my recipe for a near silent pc all you will get is a very weak hum.....:thumb:

Reaction score
muckshifter said:
Yeah, to what, the radio?

:D :D :D

hahaha! lol
well yes of course!

:)

post no 76 now course its all going in very well thanks!

next week i will listen even more!

Reaction score
hiya ive been thinking of my new system:

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice 90nm (Socket 939) £117

MEMORY: MY-046-GL GeIL 2GB (2x1GB) PC3200 Value Dual Channel Kit CAS3 (GE2GB3200BDC) (MY-046-GL) £109.95 £109.95

MOTHERBOARD: MB-111-AS Asus A8N-SLi Premium nForce4 SLi (Socket 939) PCI-Express Motherboard (MB-111-AS) £109.95 £109.95

HARDRIVE: 2X Samsung SpinPoint P SP2504C 250GB SATA-II 8MB Cache - OEM (HD-018-SA) £129.00

Total ~ £530

suggestions are open!
im in love with the motherboard tho love @ first site tho.

Memory I dont mind dropping down to 1gb and getting faster cpu its an option I will consider!

im lookin for a good fanless graphics card suggestions please.
psu i got a jeantech 500w
cpu fan comes with cpu

ne other ideas then?

should be doing this this month or next! :)

thanks psd99

Last edited:

Ask a Question