Thank you!

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0548-2, 12/03/2005
Tested on: 12/3/2005 7:42:43 PM

Vic Dura

I am looking for a small easy to use free program that will remind
someone of a date or appointment. Any help would be gratefully
appreciated.

EssentialPIM-Lite at www.essentialpim.com

Try the portable version if you want to carry it around on a thumb
drive.

mike ring

I am looking for a small easy to use free program that will remind
someone of a date or appointment. Any help would be gratefully
appreciated.
The simplest and easiest one I know (so it suits *me* fine) is
Birthday Reminder

http://www.cweiske.de/birthday.htm

It can run at startup, and looks ahead as far as you want in the display.

I can put in a dental appt 6 months in advance, and it'll start reminding
me as far in advance as I choose.

But it doesn't do any more than that.

I'd be lost without it

mike

Buzzy

miskairal said:
Rainlender
http://ipi.fi/~rainy/index.php?pn=projects&project=rainlendar

Probably does more than you want but it is one of the nicest looking.
It will popup a reminder on your screen hwoever long before the event
you chose.

........... and more info on this goodie here:

http://www.buzzys.net/Rainlendar.html

HTH
Cheers,
Buzzy :)

--
--- Buzzy's Stall Wall ---
www.buzzys.net

Don Malone

Breck said:
I am looking for a small easy to use free program that will remind
someone of a date or appointment. Any help would be gratefully
appreciated.

Thank you!

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0548-2, 12/03/2005
Tested on: 12/3/2005 7:42:43 PM

How do you feel about Rainlender? It is a calendar, Reminder and a ToDo
list. Also can download different skins to personalize the software.

http://ipi.fi/~rainy/index.php?pn=projects&project=rainlendar

fitwell

I'm sorry I missed the beginning of this thread but I must recommend
PUAC (Peter's Ultimate Alarm Clock). It's one of my programs that are
in the category "can't live without". I have reminders and events
launching and all sorts of things on this one. Why I like it is
because once you have the MS speech engine, you need never read about
a reminder ever again. I can be away from my computer and a reminder
is spoken out loud. Not for everyone, but it works great for me.

And it's flexible. You _don't_ have to use that feature. You can use
it to just pop up reminders, too.

As mentioned, it works great as a task launcher, too. Instead of
being reminded to scan your computer using Ad-aware, for example, have
the spoken message along with a wave file (it does that, too) come on
and then have PUAC launch Ad-aware!

It's a winner, that's for sure. If anyone is interested in this
program, I'll go back to my program folders and get the source URL for
it and see if it's still there. There is a shareware version out
there but the freeware is just as good with the added bonus in that
it's FREE! :blush:D

Good luck.

Susan Bugher

fitwell said:
It's a winner, that's for sure. If anyone is interested in this
program, I'll go back to my program folders and get the source URL for
it and see if it's still there.

last freeware version:

Program: Peter's Ultimate Alarm Clock (PUAC)
Author: Peter's Productions (Peter Kok)
W: LFW
Ware: (Freeware) v 2.0.8
http://www.kokpeter.dds.nl/

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

fitwell

Author: Peter's Productions (Peter Kok)
W: LFW
Ware: (Freeware) v 2.0.8
http://www.kokpeter.dds.nl/

Susan

Thanks, Susan! You're on the ball again! <g> I had to work today so
I'm trying to get caught up here so I can do some laundry and stuff.
Tough to work weekends when you're not used to it. Thanks for saving
me the step! <g>

Susan Bugher

Thanks, Susan! You're on the ball again! <g> I had to work today so
I'm trying to get caught up here so I can do some laundry and stuff.
Tough to work weekends when you're not used to it. Thanks for saving
me the step! <g>

YW Fitwell. I usually check the info in Treepad (= on the ACF pages)
when someone posts about an app - easy enough to post the URL since I
was looking at it anyway. :)

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware