From: "Jeff" <[email protected]>
Subject: Printing internet pages
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 15:17:49 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.printing

When I print an internet page it always cuts off the right
hand side of the page. Is their a setting in windows that
will fix that problems? I'm printing on a HP LaserJet 5p
& I dont see a "Fit Page" option.
--

Jeff,

The following article talks about this behavior.

260642 - Frame or Table Text Is Cut Off at the Right Margin When Printing Web Pages
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];260642

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.

Jeff

So I'm guessing that their isn't a way to set the margins
default to 0 so i wont have to always change the margins
setting everytime I print?
When I print an internet page it always cuts off the right
hand side of the page. Is their a setting in windows that
will fix that problems? I'm printing on a HP LaserJet 5p
& I dont see a "Fit Page" option.
--

Jeff,

The following article talks about this behavior.

260642 - Frame or Table Text Is Cut Off at the Right Margin When Printing Web Pages
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb; [LN];260642

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

confers no rights. Use of included script samples are
subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all
newsgroup/thread

Bill Peele [MS]

--------------------
From: "Jeff" <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: Printing internet pages
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.printing

So I'm guessing that their isn't a way to set the margins
default to 0 so i wont have to always change the margins
setting everytime I print?
--

Jeff,

We can set the values to 0 (zero) in IE but the minimum value it will keep is dependant on the printer driver being used. For
example, if I use a HP LaserJet 8100 then the minimum value it will keep is 0.25 and if I set it lower than this then it will
change back to 0.25 but if I use Generic/Text Only it will keep the minimum value of 0.00.

What ever value you type in is stored in the registry at HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\PageSetup but even
though this reflects your 0.00 entry the GUI will still show the minimum allowed by the print driver.

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.

hankthomas99

I have the same issue. It has nothing to do with margins. The conten
of the Web page is wider than the screen. IE should have an option t
print the truncated right hand portion on a second page. I just don'
know where it is either.
*When I print an internet page it always cuts off the right
hand side of the page. Is their a setting in windows that
will fix that problems? I'm printing on a HP LaserJet 5p
& I dont see a "Fit Page" option.

-
hankthomas9