Pricelesswares advice needed + some tips from me for newbees

alpha

hello, i'm looking for a few different things. if you can make some
recommendations i would apreciate it. especially intrested to hear
pricelesswares opinion since there site is the muts nuts of elite
freeware!

I'm seeking:

1. a freeware prog which allows me to filter lists of text???....or can
i do this with ms office in any way?
i need something which is very easy to understand and use.....

2. something that allows me to put pop up lables on files so i can add
my own descriptions without having to open the files up in windows
explorer to see what they are.

3. something that will let me set filters on various folders on my
system,,,,ie when i put x in folder x if this contains x then move this
file to folder x.....once again i am only looking for idiot proof progs
as i am not so technical

ps tips: for those that dont already know of it check out fagan finders
web site if you want to know what the major searching sites
are....usefull stuff there. + pricelessware 2005 website.

also check out pamela for skype (new answering machine)..spyware free
so they tell me. better than SAM

also for those who like SHAREWARE check out webgrabit "the future of
rss" my favorite new toy!

hoping for suggestions..........A

ps...thanks again to those who helped me fix my thunderbird
email.........A

Iain Cheyne

1. a freeware prog which allows me to filter lists of text???....or can
i do this with ms office in any way?
i need something which is very easy to understand and use.....

You can do it with the Autofilter function of Excel - but that's OT here.
:blush:)
2. something that allows me to put pop up lables on files so i can add
my own descriptions without having to open the files up in windows
explorer to see what they are.

xplorer2 lets you add comments to files if you press ALT+Z.
3. something that will let me set filters on various folders on my
system,,,,ie when i put x in folder x if this contains x then move this
file to folder x.....once again i am only looking for idiot proof progs
as i am not so technical

xplorer2 has a filtering funtion. I use it all the time.

http://www.zabkat.com/

Susan Bugher

alpha said:
hello, i'm looking for a few different things. if you can make some
recommendations i would apreciate it. especially intrested to hear
pricelesswares opinion since there site is the muts nuts of elite
freeware!

You've asked in the right place :) but you've gotten a hold of the wrong
end of the stick. The Pricelessware list is chosen by alt.comp.freeware
newsgroup participants. The experts are here. Pricelessware sites simply
*reflect* the wisdom of the group.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware