Pricelessware CD ISO's via FTP

Mark Warner

I have set up a FTP server on my local machine, and am offering up the
2004, 2005, and 2006 Pricelessware CD ISO's.

Address: 12.210.116.57
Username: pricelessware
Password: PLCD
Port: 21

Be advised that some people have either been unable to connect, or have
been unable to view a directory. This appears to be caused by certain
NAT routers and/or firewalls not playing nice with my FileZilla Server
setup. I don't claim to know what can be done. I do know that most
people can connect, browse, and download with no problem.

I would appreciate hearing from anyone that takes advantage of this. I
most curious about what kind of download speeds one might get.

If you get cut off, sorry. Depending on the response, I may get hammered
and have to shut 'er down. Be sure to use a good ftp client with a
resume feature (like FileZilla). If I'm forced to cut anyone off, email
me (mhwarner AT insightbb DOT com) and I'll give you a private set of
credentials to allow you to finish.

No guarantees -- this is a first for me.

DevilsPGD

In message <[email protected]> "Mark Warner"
[...]

My server offers both HTTP and FTP for all of the same content, although
slightly different URL formats:

http://www.crazyhat.net/Mirrors/torrent/Complete/PL2006_CDISO.iso
ftp://ftp.crazyhat.net/Download/Mirrors/torrent/Complete/PL2006_CDISO.iso

FTP is speed capped (but should be acceptable for most purposes), HTTP
is not.

Susan Bugher

DevilsPGD said:
In message <[email protected]> "Mark Warner"
My server offers both HTTP and FTP for all of the same content, although
slightly different URL formats:

erm. . . not all the same content. . . Mark is making the PL2004,
PL2005 and PL2006 ISOs available. AFAIK ATM he is the *only* online
source for the PL2004 CD.

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware

DevilsPGD

In message <[email protected]> Susan Bugher
erm. . . not all the same content. . . Mark is making the PL2004,
PL2005 and PL2006 ISOs available. AFAIK ATM he is the *only* online
source for the PL2004 CD.

Poorly worded, sorry -- I meant to say, my FTP server offers the same
content as my HTTP server, just with a slightly different path.

David

erm. . . not all the same content. . . Mark is making the PL2004,
PL2005 and PL2006 ISOs available. AFAIK ATM he is the *only* online
source for the PL2004 CD.

Susan

I connected using Filezilla and attempted to download the PL2004 .ISO.
I gave up after five disconnections and about fifteen restarts at 0.
Average speed of less than 20KBPS.
--
David
Remove "farook" to reply

DevilsPGD

In message <[email protected]> David
I connected using Filezilla and attempted to download the PL2004 .ISO.
I gave up after five disconnections and about fifteen restarts at 0.
Average speed of less than 20KBPS.

If you want it, once I get the complete files I'll have them on a
100Mb/s mirror soonish.

Ash

erm. . . not all the same content. . . Mark is making the PL2004,
PL2005 and PL2006 ISOs available. AFAIK ATM he is the *only* online
source for the PL2004 CD.

Susan

Right !

There's a lot of renewed interest in PL2005 and I'm still
sending out 2 links to last years ISO. However downloaders
of previous ISO's may need to be reminded to expect portions
of the content to be outdated and to check for current updates
or fixes.

Ash

David

In message <[email protected]> David

If you want it, once I get the complete files I'll have them on a
100Mb/s mirror soonish.

That would be wonderful.
--

David said:
I connected using Filezilla and attempted to download the PL2004 .ISO.
I gave up after five disconnections and about fifteen restarts at 0.
Average speed of less than 20KBPS.

Sorry it didn't work. Like I said in the OP, some people can't pull it
off, others have no problem at all. Don't claim to know what the
difference is, or where the problem lies.

In addition to the PL2006CD, there have been several successful
downloads of the archived PL200x CD ISOs, so I expect they will be
offered up by others soon enough.

I've got two downloaders pulling the PL2006 file at the moment. I'm
hoping they will be able to finish up in short order, and then I may
have to shut 'er down. Wife just got back from her holiday trip to the
tundra, and she's getting cranky about me using up all the bandwidth.

Your name

12.210.116.57

Thanks, but ...

Connection rejected. "Too Many Users"

Why not just seed a .torrent?

Mark Warner

Mark said:
I have set up a FTP server on my local machine, and am offering up the
2004, 2005, and 2006 Pricelessware CD ISO's.

No connections at the moment, so it's down.

Wifey wants her bandwidth back.

If you really, really need to reconnect, email me and I'll work out
something.

DevilsPGD

In message <[email protected]> Your name
Thanks, but ...

Connection rejected. "Too Many Users"

Why not just seed a .torrent?

http://pricelessware.intarnut.com/ has 2004, 2005 and 2006.

The 2006 ISO is available via FTP too (although this URL may change in
the future... If you have any trouble, post back -- It will get moved
under intarnut.com too, eventually)

ftp://ftp.crazyhat.net/Download/Mirrors/torrent/Complete/PL2006_CDISO.iso

There is a 2006 .torrent file, or just download from the web server
(100Mb ethernet, should be able to handle the load) :)

DevilsPGD

In message <[email protected]> "Mark Warner"
Sorry it didn't work. Like I said in the OP, some people can't pull it
off, others have no problem at all. Don't claim to know what the
difference is, or where the problem lies.

In addition to the PL2006CD, there have been several successful
downloads of the archived PL200x CD ISOs, so I expect they will be
offered up by others soon enough.

I've got two downloaders pulling the PL2006 file at the moment. I'm
hoping they will be able to finish up in short order, and then I may
have to shut 'er down. Wife just got back from her holiday trip to the
tundra, and she's getting cranky about me using up all the bandwidth.

Could you post the md5 hashes of each of the older files, just to make
sure I got them?

http://pricelessware.intarnut.com/md5_hash.txt are the hashes of the
files I got, http://pricelessware.intarnut.com/md5sums.exe (or your
favourite MD5 hash tool) will confirm they're the same

pl2004_CDISO.iso
cb425ae3e61c2a16184e1725d93ed2d1

pl2005_CDISO.iso
f6968581dfefdf2c69cdcf40b8ade216

There were some connection problems a couple times, and I don't want to
be redistributing bad files, just in case.

David

Sorry it didn't work. Like I said in the OP, some people can't pull it
off, others have no problem at all. Don't claim to know what the
difference is, or where the problem lies.

In addition to the PL2006CD, there have been several successful
downloads of the archived PL200x CD ISOs, so I expect they will be
offered up by others soon enough.

I've got two downloaders pulling the PL2006 file at the moment. I'm
hoping they will be able to finish up in short order, and then I may
have to shut 'er down. Wife just got back from her holiday trip to the
tundra, and she's getting cranky about me using up all the bandwidth.

Thanks for trying.
--

DevilsPGD said:
Could you post the md5 hashes of each of the older files, just to make
sure I got them?

http://pricelessware.intarnut.com/md5_hash.txt are the hashes of the
files I got, http://pricelessware.intarnut.com/md5sums.exe (or your
favourite MD5 hash tool) will confirm they're the same

pl2004_CDISO.iso
cb425ae3e61c2a16184e1725d93ed2d1

pl2005_CDISO.iso
f6968581dfefdf2c69cdcf40b8ade216

There were some connection problems a couple times, and I don't want
to be redistributing bad files, just in case.

Looks like you got 'em just fine:

pl2004cd.iso,cb425ae3e61c2a16184e1725d93ed2d1
pl2005cdiso.iso,f6968581dfefdf2c69cdcf40b8ade216

Mark Warner

David said:
"Mark Warner" typed

Thanks for trying.

My pleasure. At least some folks were able to take advantage of it. And
I learned a couple things in the process. Still would like to know why
some people can get in with no problem and others can't.

DevilsPGD

In message <[email protected]> "Mark Warner"
My pleasure. At least some folks were able to take advantage of it. And
I learned a couple things in the process. Still would like to know why
some people can get in with no problem and others can't.

It might depend on PASV vs ACTIVE mode and what sort of firewall the
other end was using.