Windows Vista Please Help !( WSCOK32 Bad Image) Message

Reaction score
I have this one message that comes up when i log on it says :
f18: iTunesHelper.exe-Bad Image
C:\Windows\system32\WSCOK32.dll Is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error . Try installing the program again using the original installiation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support .

I also have another message saying :

ATI WARNING
The catalyst control center is not supported by the driver version on your enabled graphics adapter . Please update your ATI graphics driver, or enable your ATI adapter using the displays manager .

My Computer will not allow me to download either .

Please can someone help ?

Kind Regards

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
alisonwilliams29 said:
it will not allow me to download itunes .

What doesn't let you, do you get an error at all or does nothing happen when you click the download link? :confused:

Reaction score
It will try to download then when i click on it i get this :
C:\Windows\system32\WSCOK32.dll Is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error . Try installing the program again using the original installiation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If the DLL file is called WSCOK32.dll then I think you probably have a virus, unless that's a typo and you mean wsock32.dll? Did you run the virus scan I linked to above?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
That housecall URL is often blocked by viruses and WSCOK32.dll doesn't sound legitimate. Do you have any antivirus software already running on your PC? Also, does safe mode let you run any applications (keep pressing F8 on startup, then select safe mode with networking).

As it sounds like you've got a virus infection, it might be easiest to do a clean install of Windows if you have backups of your documents/e-mails/photos etc... (as this would remove everything on your PC).

Ask a Question