[PL] 2004 VOTE - Acceptable Programs

Aaron

[PL] 2004 VOTE - Acceptable Programs

LEAVE ONLY THE PROGRAMS YOU REGARD AS ACCEPTABLE FOR THE PRICELESSWARE
LIST.

40tude Dialog
Trillian

Aaron (my email is not munged!)

Susan Bugher

[PL] 2004 VOTE - Acceptable Programs

LEAVE ONLY THE PROGRAMS YOU REGARD AS ACCEPTABLE FOR THE PRICELESSWARE LIST.

40tude Dialog
Desktop Architect
ePrompter
KaZaA Lite
Trillian

----------

MLC

Il 03/dic/2003 Susan Bugher ha scritto:
[PL] 2004 VOTE - Acceptable Programs

LEAVE ONLY THE PROGRAMS YOU REGARD AS ACCEPTABLE FOR THE PRICELESSWARE LIST.

I leave all because:
40tude Dialog -> is freeware in my opinion
Desktop Architect -> don't know
ePrompter -> don't know
KaZaA Lite -> if there are legal issues, I wait for a sentence.
Trillian -> don't know

Why two threads, one the "not" of the other?

Kind regards,

Steven Burn

Susan Bugher said:
[PL] 2004 VOTE - Acceptable Programs

LEAVE ONLY THE PROGRAMS YOU REGARD AS ACCEPTABLE FOR THE PRICELESSWARE LIST.

40tude Dialog
Desktop Architect
ePrompter
KaZaA Lite
Trillian

I must select none of them.

--

Regards

Steven Burn
Ur I.T. Mate Group
www.it-mate.co.uk

Keeping it FREE!

Disclaimer:

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=BBQ=AB?=

[PL] 2004 VOTE - Acceptable Programs

LEAVE ONLY THE PROGRAMS YOU REGARD AS ACCEPTABLE FOR THE
PRICELESSWARE LIST.

Sorry to post discussion in a voting thread, but it looks as though
there is considerable confusion about how the acceptable/unacceptable
votes should be cast. For example, people are voting programs
acceptable even while saying they don't know the programs or have no
opinions on their acceptablity.

If you believe a program is acceptable as Pricelessware, *do* leave
it on your ballot in the "acceptable" thread, and if you cast a
ballot in the "unacceptable" thread, do *not* leave it on your ballot
there.

If you believe a program is unacceptable as Pricelessware, *do* leave
it on your ballot in the "unacceptable" thread, and if you cast a
ballot in the "acceptable" thread, do *not* leave it on your ballot
there.

If you have do not know a program or have no opinion on whether or
not it is acceptable as Pricelessware, do not include it on your
ballot in either thread.

--
»Q« It's is not, it isn't ain't, and it's it's, not its, if you
mean it is. If you don't, it's its. Then too, it's hers.

Jim Scott

|<|
|> [PL] 2004 VOTE - Acceptable Programs
|>
|> LEAVE ONLY THE PROGRAMS YOU REGARD AS ACCEPTABLE FOR THE
|> PRICELESSWARE LIST.
|
|Sorry to post discussion in a voting thread, but it looks as though
|there is considerable confusion about how the acceptable/unacceptable
|votes should be cast. For example, people are voting programs
|acceptable even while saying they don't know the programs or have no
|opinions on their acceptablity.
|
|If you believe a program is acceptable as Pricelessware, *do* leave
|it on your ballot in the "acceptable" thread, and if you cast a
|ballot in the "unacceptable" thread, do *not* leave it on your ballot
|there.
|
|If you believe a program is unacceptable as Pricelessware, *do* leave
|it on your ballot in the "unacceptable" thread, and if you cast a
|ballot in the "acceptable" thread, do *not* leave it on your ballot
|there.
|
|If you have do not know a program or have no opinion on whether or
|not it is acceptable as Pricelessware, do not include it on your
|ballot in either thread.

Runsfelt Award for clarity :blush:)
--
Jim
Tyneside - Top right of England

Henry The Mole

Hello, Susan!
You wrote on Wed, 03 Dec 2003 00:35:22 -0500:

SB> LEAVE ONLY THE PROGRAMS YOU REGARD AS ACCEPTABLE FOR THE
SB> PRICELESSWARE LIST.

SB> Desktop Architect
SB> ePrompter
SB> KaZaA Lite
SB> Trillian

Regards.

MLC

Il 03/dic/2003 »Q« ha scritto:
If you have do not know a program or have no opinion on whether or
not it is acceptable as Pricelessware, do not include it on your
ballot in either thread.

No, because as it's stated, it would mean that a program you don't know is
in one thread acceptable and in the other thread inacceptable.

Susan Bugher

»Q« said:
[...]

Thanks Q,

As always a very lucid explanation.

Having two ballots was clearly a mistake. I'm going to post an alternate
*single* ballot that I hope will be less confusing.

Susan
--
Pricelessware: http://www.pricelessware.org
PL2003: http://www.pricelessware.org/2003/about2003PL.htm

?

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=BBQ=AB?=

Il 03/dic/2003 »Q« ha scritto:

No, because as it's stated, it would mean that a program you don't
know is in one thread acceptable and in the other thread
inacceptable.

No. Leaving an app off the "acceptable" ballot does not mean you find
it unacceptable, or vice versa.

But please see Susan's alternative thread for this voting,
<
--
»Q« It's is not, it isn't ain't, and it's it's, not its, if you
mean it is. If you don't, it's its. Then too, it's hers.
It isn't her's. It isn't our's either. It's ours, and
likewise yours and theirs.

Vegard Krog Petersen

Susan said:
[PL] 2004 VOTE - Acceptable Programs

LEAVE ONLY THE PROGRAMS YOU REGARD AS ACCEPTABLE FOR THE PRICELESSWARE
LIST.

KaZaA Lite

Agree with MLC:
KaZaA Lite -> if there are legal issues, I wait for a sentence.