Ping Susan

Dewey Edwards

Hi Susan,

My sincerest appreciation for your hard work on this years PL.
Regrettably, I would like to suggest two changes <ducking ;-) >.

The Holidays have brought us two changes to our votes. One very
welcome, and one, well, Jouni Vuorio is no Santa Claus.

I believe 40tude Dialog now qualifies as freeware to everyone in this
group. And the time limitation concerns of the earlier betas is
history.

I request that all references to "Trialware" be removed, and the
following be removed from its PL description:

"To limit the lifetime of potential bugs and their consequences the
current beta version is time-limited. If you want to continue using
40tude Dialog you will need to download and install updated versions.
The final (non-beta) version 2.0 will not be time limited and will
still be freeware."

And that the current download information be revised (I'm getting
404's currently, or I'd supply) -

"Download v 2.0.6.1 (Beta 29) (2003-10-11) (4232 KB)
http://www.40tude.com/dialog/download.htm
(desc. rev.: 2003-10-14)"

I wish modifying the entry for jv16 Powertools were so easy. At a
minimum, since build 196 now has time expired, the reference to build
196 needs to be removed. As I don't use the program, I leave it to
you and others in the group to determine if an earlier build should be
substituted, or if the program should be dropped outright from the PL.

Currently, the PL reads -

"Download v 1.3.0.196 ( 2.1 MB )
http://digidownload.libero.it/rareware/jv16pt_setup.zip
(desc. rev.: 2003-07-31)"

Kindest regards,

dewey

Antoine

Dewey Edwards said:
My sincerest appreciation for your hard work on this years PL.
Regrettably, I would like to suggest two changes <ducking ;-) >.

[snip]

I would like to second Dewey's congratulation and suggestions.

I take the opportunity to tell Susan and J. Corliss that their posts are not relayed on some news
servers (eg. wanadoo.fr, one of the 2 big frensh ISPs). I just thought about letting other wanadoo
subscriber from acf know about this strange situation.

Antoine

Dewey Edwards said:
My sincerest appreciation for your hard work on this years PL.
Regrettably, I would like to suggest two changes <ducking ;-) >.

[snip]

I would like to second Dewey's congratulation and suggestions.

I also take the opportunity to tell Susan and J. Corliss that their posts are not relayed on some
news servers (eg. wanadoo.fr, one of the 2 big frensh ISPs). I just thought about letting other
wanadoo subscribers from acf know about this strange situation.

Antoine

From: Antoine <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware

Dewey Edwards said:
My sincerest appreciation for your hard work on this years PL.
Regrettably, I would like to suggest two changes <ducking ;-) >.

[snip]

I would like to second Dewey's congratulation and suggestions.

I also take the opportunity to tell Susan and J. Corliss that their posts are not relayed on some
news servers (eg. wanadoo.fr, one of the 2 big french ISPs). I just thought about letting other

Dewey Edwards said:
My sincerest appreciation for your hard work on this years PL.
Regrettably, I would like to suggest two changes <ducking ;-) >.

[snip]

I would like to second Dewey's congratulation and suggestions.

I also take the opportunity to tell Susan and J. Corliss that their posts are not relayed on some
news servers (eg. wanadoo.fr, one of the 2 big french ISPs). I just thought about letting other
wanadoo subscribers from acf know about this strange situation.

REMbranded

I would like to second Dewey's congratulation and suggestions.

Same here. That was a heck of a great job you've done Susan!
I take the opportunity to tell Susan and J. Corliss that their posts are not relayed on some news
servers (eg. wanadoo.fr, one of the 2 big frensh ISPs). I just thought about letting other wanadoo
subscriber from acf know about this strange situation.

I just Googled, and see that I never received the post Henk made on
01-06-03 either.

There must be a problem in inter-server relays. The message count has
been very low for me the last few days actually for ACF.

Susan Bugher

Dewey said:
[...]

Hi Dewey,

Don't duck. :) I appreciate the help.

I have *almost* finished checking and updating PL program descriptions
and will be uploading revised pages for PL2003, PL2004 and PL2004
nominations soon - probably today or tomorrow.

40tude Dialog has been changed as you suggested above. jv16 Powertools
has been revised to show the download for the last non-expiring version.
(I also added a note about the version that does expire.)

Thanks again for checking the descriptions and noting needed changes.
Keep up the good work. :)

Susan
--
Pricelessware: http://www.pricelessware.org
PL2003: http://www.pricelessware.org/2003/about2003PL.htm

Spacey Spade

[snip Dewey]
Hi Dewey,

Don't duck. :) I appreciate the help.

I have *almost* finished checking and updating PL program descriptions
and will be uploading revised pages for PL2003, PL2004 and PL2004
nominations soon - probably today or tomorrow.
[snip]

Why revise 2003? It should be there for historical purposes, no? Same
for 2002 and 2001. It is done work, just needing a link. Spacey

Susan Bugher

Spacey said:
[snip Dewey]
Hi Dewey,

Don't duck. :) I appreciate the help.

I have *almost* finished checking and updating PL program descriptions
and will be uploading revised pages for PL2003, PL2004 and PL2004
nominations soon - probably today or tomorrow.

[snip]

Why revise 2003? It should be there for historical purposes, no? Same
for 2002 and 2001. It is done work, just needing a link. Spacey

Hi Spacey,

The archives *are* linked - on the INFO page.

Why update PL2003 descriptions?

a) Many PL2003 programs were chosen for PL2004
b) Those that weren't are on the PL2004 nominations pages
c) I want 2003 *year-end* info in the PL2003 archive . . .

FWIW - you might be amazed at how many people think the PL2002 links
should still be good . . . ;)

I've uploaded revised PL2003 pages and PL2004 nomination pages - revised
PL2004 pages soon . . . *almost* ready to make PL2004 official . . .

Susan