Password never gets saved in IE7.0 in Win XP Pro

Rayees

Hi all

I have a peculiar problem. I tried all option but that doesn't seems to be
working.

Problem:
---------

I have Windows XP proffession PC connected to a domain. I use internet
through a proxy server, hence I use separate password for my Internet. I
was using IE 6.0, in that I saved my password for proxy, so it never bothers
me to type the password always. Now I upgraded my Internet explorer 6 to IE
7.0. After the upgradation, I noticed the password option pops up. I
entered the password and clicked on a button "Save password" . Inspite of
this password screen pops up always.

What will the problem? Is there any settings available to correct this!!

Please help.

Regards
Rayees

Morgan che

Dear Rayees,

Thanks for posting here.

This is Morgan from Microsoft. I am glad to work with you on "Password
never gets saved in IE7.0 in Win XP Pro" issue.

From your description, I suspect it's most probably related to the
permission of your user account. Because this Windows XP profession has
added into a domain, it will be controlled by Group Policy that the network
administrator designated on Domain Controller. Please make sure Group
Policies defined by administrator allow you to perform this task.

Because IE6.0 and IE7.0 have different behaviors on blocking user
inputting. That is why you observed the pop-up password option on IE7.0.

For the further troubleshooting, could you please log on another computer
with your user account to do the same tasks and let me know the result?

I look forward to your result.

Have a nice day!

Sincerely
Morgan Che
Microsoft Online Support

--->From: "Rayees" <[email protected]>
--->Subject: Password never gets saved in IE7.0 in Win XP Pro
--->Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 11:57:55 +0530
--->Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
--->
--->Hi all
--->
--->I have a peculiar problem. I tried all option but that doesn't seems
to be
--->working.
--->
--->Problem:
--->---------
--->
[...]

Dear Morgan

Thanks for your immediate response.

I manage the domain controller as well, as far as I know we never applied
any policy for user at IE.

However I have one more observation, hope that will help you to get some
more idea.

When I logon as administrator (administrator on local computer) to the same
XP machine where I have problem. I opened the IE and saved the Proxy user
accound and password. I noticed it got saved.

When I logon using domain user account (please note this domain user does
not belongs to admin group in local computer), in this case password never
get saved.

Hope this gives better idea now, kindly help me to solve this mystery
please.

Regards
Rayees

Morgan che

Dear Rayees,

How are you?

Thanks for the quick reply and your assistance.

From your description, I understand the administrator can perform to save
the modification of proxy. However, the domain user account can't. if I
misunderstood, please advise me.

Firstly, It's expected behavior. Let me explain. Considering the aspects of
security and management, we don't want every domain user can perform the
modification of proxy. So, by default domain user don't have such
permission.

If we hope some special users can perform this task, either we can promote
their premonition by adding them into administrators group or use Group
Policy on domain controller to designate proxy setting uniformly in your
environment by

"User Configuration->Windows Setting->InternetExplorer
Maintenance\Connection\Connection\Proxy Setting".

Because the application of Windows IE related Group Policy is a bit
different from other GP, which can be divided into mandatory and perform
mode. For more information about it, I would like to recommend you to post
a new thread about Window IE Group Policy in below newsgroup, which is best
support resource for Windows IE related issue.

microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser

I hope this helps. If anything is unclear, please feel free to let me know!

Thanks.

Sincerely
Morgan Che
Microsoft Online Support

--->From: "Rayees" <[email protected]>
--->Subject: Re: Password never gets saved in IE7.0 in Win XP Pro
--->Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 19:31:51 +0530
--->Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
--->
--->Dear Morgan
--->
[...]
--->>
--->> Thanks for posting here.
--->>
--->> This is Morgan from Microsoft. I am glad to work with you on "Password
--->> never gets saved in IE7.0 in Win XP Pro" issue.
--->>
--->> From your description, I suspect it's most probably related to the
[...]
--->> Microsoft Global Technical Support Center
--->>
--->> Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
--->> =====================================================
--->> When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
so
--->> that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
--->> =====================================================
--->> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
--->> rights.
--->>
--->>
--->> --------------------
--->> --->Reply-To: "Rayees" <[email protected]>
--->> --->From: "Rayees" <[email protected]>
--->> --->Subject: Password never gets saved in IE7.0 in Win XP Pro
--->> --->Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 11:57:55 +0530
--->> --->Lines: 24
--->> --->X-Priority: 3
--->> --->X-MSMail-Priority: Normal
--->> --->X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.3138
--->> --->X-RFC2646: Format=Flowed; Original
--->> --->X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.2900.3138
--->> --->Message-ID: <[email protected]>
--->> --->Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
--->> --->NNTP-Posting-Host: 121.245.126.166.cdma-delhi.vsnl.net.in
--->> 121.245.126.166
--->> --->Path:
TK2MSFTNGHUB02.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl
--->> --->Xref: TK2MSFTNGHUB02.phx.gbl
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general:160204
--->> --->X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
--->> --->
--->> --->Hi all
--->> --->I have a peculiar problem. I tried all option but that doesn't
seems
--->> to be
--->> --->working.
--->> --->Problem: